Who did this solo?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by stradivarius151, Jul 22, 2013.

1. stradivarius151

stradivarius151 Pianissimo User

Mar 1, 2010
    Spongbob Squarepants Movie Funny Part - YouTube (solo starts at 0:54)

I just saw this movie again last week, (having only seen it before I started playing) and noticed this solo..... It was the best thing that happened to me in awhile.

But who played it? I'm sure it was one of the L.A. guys, but I don't know enough of them to tell who.

Anybody know?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    I found a site that has a BUNCH of SB cues and composers, and here's a bit about the song that plays: SpongeBob SquarePants Music Identification: Updates
    and SpongeBob SquarePants Music Identification: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

It's called "Bob Squad" by Tom Rothrock, and one of the comments identifying the song on the blog is as follows:

"cummingsj27 September 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Allen, I just got an email back from Rothrock. He says the "Bob Squad" cue plays after both the pirate sequence and "Maui Beach" by Hans Haider in the beginning. He also said this:

'Steve asked me to make a very-short 'stinger' for when SB throws a cowboy boot out of the steer-horned car, which I did.
    Then I couldn't resist doing a large piece for the hero dream sequence that follows. As soon as I saw it with a temped in traditional 'die-hard' style big hollywood action / adventure style cue I said to myself, 'man, if that was my dream, no way. I'd be rolling full 70's tv cop theme!'
    Hence the title, 'bob squad" as a nod to the 70's show 'mod squad'.'

PS- Could you do the email to Barry Anthony for me, because of the previous comment I made to Lubov when he requested it to me? You don't have to if you want to."

Only question is, what is Tom Rothrock's email?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013