Who have tried a GR C* cup or C**

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by cooljazz, Jul 6, 2005.

1. cooljazz

cooljazz New Friend

Jul 3, 2004
    Im intresting about this cup made by GR C* or C**, if one of you have tried one, can you give some information about it. thx, stef

2. tpetplyr

tpetplyr Pianissimo User

Dec 15, 2003
    Boston
    I have tried a C, C* and C** (all 67 rims). I liked the C best for C trumpet and the C* best for Bb. The C** didn't seem to match any of my horns, I ended up using the C on Eb as well. They seemed to give a full tone, a little brighter than I was used to but not much and after playing on them for a few days I hardly noticed. Playing the C in the C and the C* in Bb they felt very much the same, though when i tried both in the same trumpet the C felt more open, slightly larger. The C* just matched my Bb better...there was a distinct sound difference. These are the best orchestral cups that GR designs, that's what they're billed as. They can be used in all around situations, but i don't b elieve there is anything thats bigger or more orchestral than these.

I happen to be selling my GRs, the C** is gone, but if you want the C or C* email me.

Stuart

3. cooljazz

cooljazz New Friend

Jul 3, 2004
    HI Stuart,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunetly im confortable with the 66 diameter , the 67 will be too large for me (today i play a Parle Merkelo 270-630 on my Bb trumpet).

Just to be curious, after the GR67C (*) you moved to?

Thkx, stef

CALICCHIO R37
    PARKE MERKELO 270-630
    COUESNON MONOPOLE
    CURRY 5FL

4. tpetplyr

tpetplyr Pianissimo User

Dec 15, 2003
    Boston
    Sorry it took so long, I don't visit often, rather busy.

I'm back to a stock 1.5B. I'm rather immune to mouthpieces, except for extremes and sound so it seems, and Im comfortable on that. I have some major issues to fix in my playing 'fore i start screwing around again.

Stuart