Who knew new finger buttons made such a difference?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SmoothOperator, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Although the flat metal buttons feel differently to the fingers, I probably fall mainly into the pimping camp...:lol:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I do believe that everything makes a difference. I don't believe that many can hear and feel those differences in a blind test. There are some that have strong but still sensitive chops and can notice the difference. Not many, but some.

Better "tone, noticeably faster speed and easier clearing of water" are surely traits theoretically possible, but so far under the typical players day to day consistency that it isn't really worth mentioning. I think that Chuck pretty much hit what really happens on the head - zippier "feel".

Still, there is NOTHING wrong with beautiful. That alone is enough reason to change!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yep, yep yep. That is what I say every morning with I look in the mirror.

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Can you spell "Placebo Effect" boys and girls?

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ok, Obecalp

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think that I can spell it, but am not sure that is all that there is considering trumpet is physics and art. I read something somewhere that was like "Art we use to decorate space, and music to decorate time". Decorating the horn space could have a timely effect.......... Maybe, just maybe pimping the horn makes us practice 5 minutes more a day. Then we would have a direct connection between valve finger buttons and better sound, less spit..........

I do get motivated when I have a new toy. I just don't post about it directly.