Who thinks Sergei Nakariakov should try

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by _TrumpeT_, Jul 13, 2006.

1. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
    learning multiphonics? That would allow him to play string repertoire even more interestingly!

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Not me. I'm sure if he wanted to learn them (provided he doesn't know them already) then he WOULD learn them. And likewise, if he wanted to experiment with them (if he hasn't) then he would.

He's too darn good a trumpet player for ME to give advice to or comment upon what he "should" or "shouldn't" do!

3. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
    Please don't get me wrong. I think his playing is fantastic (I don't think many people will disagree). I was just musing over the idea. I admit "should" is too strong of a word.

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Are multi-phonics really practical on a trumpet? I know that they're called for on Gruber's (sp?) "Exposed Throat," but I always thought that multi-phonics were on the very very outer edges of "extended technique." Would it even be possible to develop this technique to the point of imitating a violin double-stop? If anybody could, I'm sure Nakariokov would be at the top of the list.

-Jimi

5. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I don't think he has to develop more techniques. It would be more interesting to hear new material written for him. Not transcriptions of older work.

If you want to hear multiphonics, listen to James Morisson on trombone.

6. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
    I think I've heard that there was this ridiculously tough work composed for him. I've heard James Morrsion doing multiphonics - sounds great! Now I want to listen to the old master Bohumir Kryl doing it. I think I've read that the third note produced was louder than both the notes he played and sung!

7. kerouack

kerouack New Friend

Nov 17, 2003
    i would like to hear from him more new interesting music, new music.

8. _TrumpeT_

_TrumpeT_ Piano User

Apr 26, 2006
  9. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    To my ears his new stuff (especially on flugel) is incredibly musical and interesting!

Everything I hear of his work is extremely smokin!
    -T