Whoo-hoo!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chapmand, Aug 29, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have gained decent ownership of the Bb below double high C, hit the double high C with decent accuracy (I admit I yet own it), but today, while getting more self-assurance relaxed totally in going for the A just below the Bb, over shot it (from being so relaxed) and hit a double high G. Wow! It projected! Scared the crap out of me! Do I own it... heck no. But lip massage, rotating mouthpieces and relaxation has done more for me in the past 2 months than all the 40 years leading up to this time.

I am not doing this to play higher, but rather to have more endurance as the EBQ has been playing more and more, and our book of originals are killers. The "side effect" is range building I could have only dreamed of achieving just a few months ago.

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    That is a great Story G-Man! I'm glad to hear of your progress. Keep it up. These are the type of stories that encourage us all. I hope I can get there over the next year.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I love it when I overshoot the note and land on a good one!

gmonady likes this.
  4. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
    Overshooting a note is also known as overblowing the harmonic's. It's used as a technique for upper register development.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    And it's a whole lot easier on my Holton ST302!! :D