Why is third part so important?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JZSYami, Nov 8, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OH, I thought there were just some irate geese that were living near the practice room - -kind of like TJ's barn (SHED) with geese flybys!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    3rd part is important, really really important. Especially to peeps like me who would never be able to play anything else...:D

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Wrong attitude! It's not that you can't ... it's only that you seemingly don't want to. Either that or a personal conflict with the Director.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Don't you dare knock over my antique tin soldiers. I set them up for my own pleasure in knocking them down with dry rice blown through a straw (part of my pulmonary and mental therapy).

5. Hycee

Hycee New Friend

Mar 9, 2009
    Phila
  6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I think it goes on seniority in our band ---- uhm, who has been there the longest, they are first trumpets, etc. ---- I have been there nearly a year, and I don't think anyone has asked me to play anything, they dont' even know if I can play!! how beautiful is that??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

another interesting thing is that I was asked to attend a "non trumpet" related conference to do some SOLO work, just me, the trumpet and the the stage and audience. Personally I love the group sound, and then the pressure is off a bit. Back to the conference, it is small, only 2,000 people or so ---------the director of that conference, obtained a CD of my trumpet (that I commonly send to some friends) -- and someone out there in the music world felt it was sufficient enough to place me on a stage -- ALONE!!!! my band still has no clue if I can even play a trumpet --- it's so funny!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. JZSYami

JZSYami New Friend

Sep 18, 2012
    Northern California
    roflroflrofl