Why Lip Size?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by john7401, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Like Br'er Rabbit and the Tar Baby;-)

2. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    lips... it aint the size that matters but the.... whatever

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Kingtrumpet, he's a moderator and it's his job to moderate. That's what he was/is doing. If someone goes too far, he can have the post deleted and the subscriber banned. It's never wise to mess with them.:-o:-o:-o

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OK - I won't mess with the moderators too much (but most including Rowuk, handle me pretty well and don't take offense)------------ but here is the rest of the question. Then why didn't the moderator shut this thread down? I mean this goes along the line of a post some time back -- on whether Fat guys could play better than thin guys -- and the other thread about "calling people out".
    just saying IGNORE The thread -- causes people to read on -- don't you think? --- I will bet this thread gets like 100 responses in the next week or so, maybe only because it is controversial -- that is just my opinion.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Please understand that I enjoy sarcasm. This is a pretty open forum and the moderators let people run loose unless they get abusive. I know of no one banned because they disagreed with a moderator. Solar Bell did what a moderator does and warns posters. He has been here awhile so he's seen this before. Some posters are WAY TO SERIOUS and do not understand humor or that others may have valid but differing opinions. That is when it can get ugly and feelings hurt.:thumbsup:

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    By the way, fat guys do play better! Look at Allen Vizzuti! What a porker! AND, Bill Chase was HUGE!!!ROFL

7. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    all of a sudden i feel less self-concious about my weight.. thanks :D

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You and me both!! :lol:

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    tobylou8,
    wow - you quoted me twice in this thread -- I think that is making me famous, even in this foolish thread. LOL,LOL.
    I take no offense -- I believe you once corrected me on Rowuk, when I was rather harsh towards his abrupt answers (which I felt were wrong) -- so it is always good to have checks and balances.
    besides -- I can be overtly sarcastic - but overwhelmingly my posts are positive. So that is why Solar Bell, Rowuk, and even that Vulgano brother (who is on a different wavelength than I) probably have found no "offense" in me -- of course that is merely my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011