Why the trumpet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by A.Nonymous, Oct 16, 2012.

1. rockwell

rockwell Pianissimo User

Dec 6, 2011
    I agree with others who say just work on getting a buzz out of the mouthpiece and then moving the pitch around somewhat. Get to where you can put the mouthpiece on your lips and with a moderate force of air consistently get a buzz. Then put the mouthpiece in and repeat.

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous New Friend

Sep 1, 2012
    What? You won't carry my contrabass sax for me? What kind of roadie are you? So hard to get good help these days.

Anyway, I played percussion for a year. I found it very easy which is part of why I gave it up. There just wasn't that much challenge. You either hear the beat or you don't. If you don't hear the beat you're screwed right there. I've seen drummers that struggle with that. Maybe that's why they think it's hard? Beyond that, it's a matter of being creative with what you hit. Yeah, you can use different kinds of sticks or you can hit the heads in different ways and in different combos, but that's about it. It's not rocket science. At least not for me.

I hadn't considered the idea of doubling on both instruments. The sax stand will take a trumpet peg. Maybe that's my answer.