Why The ZeuS is the Greatest Trumpet Ever

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Reverend, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    (Tranferred from old forum)

Ha! I made you look!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to openly discussing the ZeuS brand without getting my head bit off.

BTW, I'm looking forward to playing the new Zeuperhorn. I'm hoping to "test drive" the new horn for a few days when it is available. Alex hasn't said when that will be, but I hope its soon.

Good night Zeusers,

Greg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trptmaster
    Administrator

Re: Why The ZeuS is the Greatest Trumpet Ever
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 12:10am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You got me . I really hope Alex will decide to moderate this forum!

In Peace

TM

TopGun

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 12:35am »

I think this is the right fit for Alex. This is a great forum for trumpeters to learn about his products and for him to get the info out. The ball would be in his hands and he could run in any dirrection with it he would like. The ZueS thread would be his show.

TopGun

Reverend

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 01:05am »

Yep, I took the bait.....

I, too, am very anxious to give the new Zeuper ZeuS a "test drive!" It should be one awesome trumpet, at an incredible price!

Blessings,

Rev. Michael Guevara, DMM
    GTM - Golden Trumpet Ministries
    www.goldentrumpet.org

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye

Ok wow,
    So I got to play on a Monette 2000LT in silver brushed today. Guess what? I was NOT impressed!!! I've had my Zeus for about a month now and everyday I find something else about it to fall in love with. Me and a friend were playing my Zeus (brushed silver Olympus), his Bach (25, L) and the Monette (2000LT). We used only the Monette mpcs that we have (B4l, B4LVS, regular B4). The bach as immediatly discounted. We played the Zues and Monette side by side in lead battles, duets, and concertos. Then we would switch and do it again, and again, and again. All counted we played for about 5 hrs straight.

Here's the breakdown:
    based on sound (rich, broad, lively overtones): ZEUS!!!!
    workmanship: TIE!! Even though the Zeus is remarkably cheaper
    playability (overall feel): ZEUS
    Articulation (crispness, double/triple tounge, legato): ZEUS
    Range (double pedal c to triple c, scalar): ZEUS!!!!!
    ...Price: ZEUS...
    Style (legit vs. commercial/lead): ZEUS

Anyone seeing something interesting here between a $6,000 and a $1,500 horn?

Try a Zeus today folxs, exspecially if you are in the market for a new axe.

Bear
    Just Andy and mine opinion.

3. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Ok, time for all the Zeus lovers to congratulate Bear on the great, impartial review.
    8)

Dave

4. JoeWats

JoeWats New Friend

Nov 16, 2003
    Texas
    You got it Dave ...

Congratulations on your review dude....

I play the ZeuS G Bb and love it. It is a great horn at a very reasonable price .... I'm glad I bought mine.

Joe

PS Hey Dave, when can I come down to Plano and sit in and play last book with your Jazz Band?

5. Drez

Drez New Friend

May 4, 2004
    :D I am currently playing the ZO copper bell (only 2 days)... My other trumpet is a Martin Committee (new, brass laq, med bore) ,,, Playing: quite a difference between the two... the ZO has a phatter, darker tone and is easier to play throughout range... I have not pushed the ZO with the band yet, but my impression from playing it for a couple of days is the Committee will cut through easy(er) in the upper register, I say this because the ZO's tone is mellower up there,,, I will see about this over the weekend... the ZO is slotting better than the Committee (for me). The increased air flow requirement is obvious at any volume. The ZO valve placement feels natural and the valve action is superior to the Committee. The slides, joints, bell, everything fits well. It is a beautiful horn... Most impressive.

6. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Drez, what year is your Committee and which bore?

Dave

7. Drez

Drez New Friend

May 4, 2004
    Mine is a T3460 (.460 bore) about 4 years old... Not a vintage...

8. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Understood.

9. Big D trpt

Big D trpt New Friend

Jun 10, 2004
    IT'S NOT