WILD RIDE TOUR - STOP 24 - CHICAGO

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MikeZ, Sep 30, 2004.

1. MikeZ

MikeZ New Friend

Nov 14, 2003
    Chicago Area
    Well...the horn just left today on it's way up to Racine, WI. I'm going to have several entries here as I get my thoughts together. My five days with the horn went by in a flash. Happily, it was enough time to get a solid impression of the horn's performance and most importantly to me, how it compares to my existing Holton horn.

Suffice it to say that the differences were great enough that even an amateur like me was able to discern them easily. I've tried not to read too many of the other reviews because I didn't want to color my own impressions with the impressions of others.

Off the top, I would like to say how much I appreciate what Flip and Tom Turner have done by allowing me the chance to play a horn I otherwise wouldn't have had. It's quite obviously a fine instrument made with the utmost precision.

I'll be back online tomorrow to start sharing my play testing evaluation opinions.

Thanks,

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    How many more stops are left (EDIT: From reading the "Second Leg Of Tour" post, I'm guessing there is about 40 stops in all, and about 16 stops left.)l?

I have been wondering: What will be the fate of this horn after it's tour?

Van

3. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    I'm last on the tour. I guess I'll probably walk it over to flip's. Or fly it in, they have a nice airport in Oceanside-- I've never been to.

4. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi Mark,

Actually Mark, there's thirty-six stops on the tour and, at the current rate of speed, it might be at your home just before Christmas!

Like that hotel commercial that uses Johnny Cash's voice sings: "I've been everywhere, man; I've been everywhere . . . !"

After the currest stop in Racine it goes next to Green Bay, and then Minnesota, Oklahoma, Texas . . .

Thanks for being patient and I hope you enjoy it!

Tom