Wild Thing short cornet

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by Mr. Stomvi, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
  2. schilke61

schilke61 New Friend

Nov 13, 2003
    ITALY
    Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dear Mr. Stomvi,
    I am like you.
    Hi and Merry Christmas!!!

3. Leatherlip

Leatherlip New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Well, the Gold WT Short Cornet was way out of my range, but through the kindness of some Trumpet Master posts, I was able to find a mint Silver Short WT. MAN! What a sound! Tom was right about being one of the all time Great Cornets. Now I'm on the "deep" mouthpiece safari for it.

Now I can start looking for a Real British Brass Band, and not get thrown out with my trumpet. I've also made a effort in a few of the community bands, to actually play the Cornet written parts on my WT. What a idea.

Sorry to brag, but just wanted to Thank Tom again for all his help.

Regards
    Bill

4. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for the kind words! If folks had a chance to try these everywhere, they'd understand what you and I know about these wonderful instruments.

They are so rare though that there surely must not be than 100 of them on the planet.

I've never, ever heard the kind of sound that comes out of that short model's bell . . . but now you understand that too!!! On gigs people stop and listen when I pick that particular horn up. It has a sound that's so intimate, so sweet . . . so compelling.

My Boston 3-Stars rarely come out of their cases anymore.

My first WT was a used one! I found Flip just as friendly towards me as if he'd sold it to me. That blew me away. It's rare to find people who aren't just out to sell you a horn . . . but who really care to help someone find just the right horn for them. I feel the same way.

Glad you got a great deal on a used one! Again, thanks for the kind words!

Warmest regards,

Tom