Will Spencer Trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetfart123, Nov 16, 2013.

1. trumpetfart123

trumpetfart123 Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Hi has anyone any experience of these trumpets?

2. Sidekick

Sidekick Mezzo Piano User

Apr 14, 2011
    London UK
    For what it is worth, I have had a quick play on one of his modular trumpets, but am not good enough to give you any sort of proper review of it. He has repaired a number of my Olds for me, including work on the valves and he is really good. He definately understands what makes trumpets tick.

I do know that he supplied all the trumpets to the RAF and I believe that he is currently supplying trumpets to the army of a significant Far Eastern country - which would lead me to suggest that his trumpets are pretty good.

He is a nice guy and you could do a lot worse than give him a call and have a chat. I know that his website makes it look like he only deals with lead players from around the European orchestras, (and he does a lot of that) but he is very easy to talk to.

3. trumpetfart123

trumpetfart123 Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Thanks Sidekick, I am just fishing around weighing up my options, I might leave it for 6 to 18 months before I start phoning around, by then I will be grade 5/6 and will be good enough to make a better decision.