William tell

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Jun 18, 2009.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Probably a dumb question, and idea. Anyways, I was thinkin of writing William tell for say 3-5 trumpets, trumpets only. and I was wondering what do you think? I was thinking write it for a handful like a previously stated and play it occasionally at football games and what not at my high school. Do you think its possible to write it for only a few trumpets and have it work out, if so how many, or do I need another instrument? Just tell before I go to the trouble of writing it then have to redo it

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    There are some brass quintet arrangements, but the trumpets cover the string parts and 'taint easy to play. How about the opening fanfare for three trumpets, with a segue into "Charge?" The whole thing would take about 15 seconds--perfect for between plays, not too hard, and you can even play it in the original key with all three valves down. Not a big deal in Tennessee, but up north, cold fingers are slow fingers, and having something playable with mittens is real nice.

Have fun!

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Go for it. The first step is the toughest, and if you are motivated, get those creative juices flowing!

4. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    vulgano where are you from, do tell me not the northeast? anything but there and out west cali etc, though if you say cold ill eliminate the west, anywhere but norhteast.

5. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I'm from the Inland Northwest. Scablands, rain shadows and a Volcanic outbreak just before my Senior finals that brought eastern Washington to its knees: everything shut down; my roomates and I bought the last six-pack in town. 100+ in summer and -20 in winter--only the Norwegian girls looked good all year (although there was this flute player from Canada and a Cellist from Alaska....)

Shouldn't you be busy arranging W. Tell?

6. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    haha wow, so was it st helans that got ya? and I figured aobut 2-3 days I could write tell down.

7. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    oh and did you go after those norwegian girls???

8. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Just Viki.