Winner of the Callet Jazz Drawing

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Bruce Lee, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The winner of the new Callet Jazz trumpet from the Christmas drawing this year is.....

Bruce Donnely from Mobile, Alabama!

Thanks to all who participated in the drawing!

Lee Adams,
    Callet Trumpets

Congratulations, Bruce! That's quite a Christmas present!

Happy New Year!
    Bruce

2. TheMoose

TheMoose Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Hi Bruce,

Man, I still have to pinch myself, I never win anything!! The one thing about the Callet horns that I like is the way the horn plays, talk about focus! As I have been in a rebuilding stage with my embouchure for quite some time, I was not able to give the Callet line of horns the acid test at the Mobile Horn fest in Sept. but after hearing MF alum Bob O'dneal peel paint with his Jazz I believe the Jazz is a great lead horn. But Not Just a Lead Horn!!! Sure, lean on it and it lights up but back off a bit and you have a fine horn that plays well in any section. Not a Stuffy Horn!! Free blowing, why? I don't know but it sure plays open for a horn that starts out at the reciever at about .353, I'm not sure but this may be the only true conical bore horn on the market. A Blurb For The Stratosphere!!! It has many of the great playing characteristics of the Jazz, even though it is a puny .460 bore trumpet. :lol: Push this one as hard as you want, the sound is fantastic. Great Dealers!! These guys selling the horns are A-1, outstanding reps who know the product and trumpet gear in general, that includes mouthpieces. Oh yeah, they are trumpet players too! :p Hey, I gotta go and make sure my alarm clock went off, for all I know I may be dreaming!

(Bruce) The Moose

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Congrats Bruce!!

Post a picture is you can and give us a report how it plays.

All the best,

Liad Bar-EL

4. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Congrats Bruce! I'm happy for you. It's a great feeling, isn't it? :wink:

5. knf jazz cat

knf jazz cat New Friend

Dec 16, 2003
    You are soooo lucky man. Congratulations & good luck with that Jazz though, it's a hell of a horn. I wouldn't trade mine for the world.

6. TheMoose

TheMoose Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    No TM but I am hatching some ideas as I post this message! I will be bringing my A game.

The Moose

7. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Bruce,

A super fine guy won a super fine trumpet!

What a wonderful thing to win! Now . . . there's NO excuse to miss that Dubba . . . Bubba!

Warmest regards,

Tom

8. TheMoose

TheMoose Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Hi Tom,

I sure want to be a dubba bubba! I can assure you I am working my tail off on the Lee Adams range extension exercises. Lee and Bruce Lee have really been a great help to me. Mike Thomas and I are going to start working out the details of the next trumpet fest here in Mobile soon, I want to make sure all of the clinicians are taken care of this next time. LIke I said at the start of this thread, I never win anything :( guess I can't say that anymore :lol:

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Ummm....if you don't want your record spoiled you could send the Callet to me and we'll pretend you never saw it! :D

Hey....that's what friends are for, right?

10. TheMoose

TheMoose Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Yeah, right Toots! I do know somebody that may have one for sale though. :lol: