Winner of the Horn Contest

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sofus, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Sungman

Sungman Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2008
    Delaware
    Wow, how do you keep 82 horns in one house...you could start a instrument store.

2. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Sorry folks. You guys are nothing compared to a resident of home town of London Ontario. His name is Henry Meredith. He is a Prof at the University of Western Ontario. He has personally collected over 4500 brass instruments and has the largest private collection in the world. His collection is amazing. Look him up on th net.

3. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    Wait, can I enter too? I just wandered around my house and counted 30. I haven't looked into all of my cases yet, just the horns on display.

4. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    Too bad, MTROSTER!
    You just got -4500 points, all by trying
    to brag about someone ELSES horns!
    Your position in the contest is now the LAST!

:noway:

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Meredith is a very brassy name. Another (Wilson) wrote 76 trombones.

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I didn't enter because I have only one horn--a Conn 8D.

(I got a bunch of trumpets, though!)

7. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    OK, you want a real contest?! Let's do a poll on who owns (and is in current possession) or the most firearms! Must list firearm (including caliber) and modifications (if any). Pics would be nice too! No blackpowder or NFA3 firearms/devices... That's just to make sure no one gets themselves in trouble. I'm all legal and the Man know where I live so I'm not concerned but others (Mike...) may not be so lucky.. AHAHAHA.

OP - I sure wish I could get teh stupid computer to let me change my avatar... I don't even have half the horns in the picture anymore... I do have the lamp though, handmade, 'nuf said. HA

8. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

Have you been talking with my wife?

OLDLOU>>

9. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

10. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Why no blackpowder... Well, to be honest, I don't have a good reason. I just know a blackpowder nut who posts on here who has one "modern" pistol and then like 30 blackpodwer rifles/pistols, etc. I was hoping to keep things more "modern". So no blackpowder, air rifles, laser guns, pellet/BB, paintball, etc. I'm asking about verifiable common caliber (.22/.380 - 50BMG).

And, no, I wouldn't win by a longshot, but I do have the "nessecities". Several different caliber handguns, long range rifle, short/medium range AR, and a shotty. I'm ready for bear, lol... wait, that's me... RRRRUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!