Winner of the Horn Contest

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sofus, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Maybe not, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Me too! You need to get a practice mute, Dale!

v

3. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Sofus. You are being unfair giving me -4500 points. I think I should only lose 2500. I was just pointing out that someone could do the amazing thing of collecting so many brass instruments. Admittedly they include every type of brass instrument, not only trumpets. He used to store them in his house, but I don't think that is any longer possible. He lends parts of his collection to museums around the world. It's a pretty fantastic site to see.:-)

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Practice mute? Just because I own umpteen horns doesn't mean I practice. You must have heard someone else...:cool:

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hey BEAR,
    The Outback is really a BAD place, and the truth will never be discovered. We have this animal that is rarely mentioned, as we don't want to scare the tourists away, and even the younger generation seem to have forgotton. These beasts are called "Drop-Bears" - I AM NOT KIDDING: and I am sure they are not a relation to you. These critters live in trees, but they drop on people and strip their flesh from their bones in really quick time. We have Kangaroos, Wallabies, Tasmanian Devil, BUT NO LIONS!!

Why No Lions in OZ: Because the Drop Bears cleaned them out more than 3 centuries ago......

So I cannot agree with your story, I think most Aussies will blame the Drop-bear.
    Without a really high calibre automatic rifle, we do not stand a chance...
    Ask any Aussie, but we try to keep it a secret.

Cheers

6. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi Bear,
    I forgot to mention we locals know some really effective Drop-Bear deterrents.

If you ever come over here to Australia, and we go Bush, we always carry a jar of Vegemite. Vegemite is really popular in Australia - if you go bush then you need to apply liberal amounts behind the ears. The Drop-Bear cannot stand the smell, and detests the taste, it can be fatal for them to come into contact with Vegemite.

We used to have Drop-Bear Culls with Vegemite Baits, but it did not work well, the baits were effective in that whole populations of Drop-Bears would move from their areas, and this caused problems with plagues of Drop Bears on the move....

When you go around you will see the skeletons of animals stripped to the bone by Drop-Bears, usually the heads are ripped off the bodies...REALLY Scary stuff. But remember the Vegemite, it really works, the smell from eating Vegemite is enough. Anyway I better be careful talking about Drop-Bears; the authorities get very nervous when we talk about the subject as tourists can be scared off.

We do have Safety Inductions for Contractors working in remote areas. This is part of the work that I do as a Safety/Operations Consultant to the Mining Resource sector.

Cheers

7. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    DROP-BEARs......

Here is a link:
    Dropbears

And recent scientific research indicates the New Formula Vegemite is just as effective as the original formulation. So the repellant ingredients have been maintained in this new Vegemite.

I have not got any photos myself, but others Aussies on this forum may have really personal experiences.... But again we do not want to scare anyone.

Cheers

8. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Perhaps we should move the Drop Bear discussion to the Lounge. It is too Scary for the Horn areas, and not relevant to the Trumpet Discussion...

9. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    HAHA. Wow, ok, now I need to save up for a trip to down Under!!!! I gotta see these things... Move the posts!

10. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008

Alright, alright: to show you my good will, not only
    will I reduce it to -2500. No, I will even add the 5
    horns that YOU have, making it as little as -2495.

HAPPY NOW?;-)