Wireless Mic's

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Fusion2002, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Fusion2002

Fusion2002 New Friend

Dec 11, 2004
    Hey, I'm currently playing in a Funk/Blues/R&B band, and I'm starting to look into some high end wireless mic's. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations, or Mic's to stay clear of.

I have no experience whatsoever with using wireless Mic's with a Trumpet, so I'm pretty green in this area. Any Suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    All the cheap ones ones are junk, IMO. Stay away from the $100 - 200 units.
    Also, some are housed in some real flimsy plastic which will not hold up on the road. Multiple channels, multiple antannae, and a variable input sensitivity control are all useful. Outside that, try em and buy the one you like. Check the useful battery time and range. Most will get you through a 4 hour gig.

3. gchun

gchun Piano User

Dec 10, 2003
    I've asked the same question. One common answer has always been AMT. AMT make the airline series with a samson wireless transmitter-no belt pack!! They aren't cheap.

Applied Microphone Technology - microphones for Harmonica, Harp, piano, trombone, saxophone, clarinet, guitar, trumpet, violin, harmonica, percussion, cello and more.

Some considerations with any wireless system are:

1. Do you use a trumpet stand
    2. Do you use mutes
    3. Do you switch horns

The mounting system of the wireless you choose can affect your ability to do any or all of the above.

Garry

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  4. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    E-mail Brigitte at: [email protected]

She is very helpful and will help steer you in the right direction! I only went wireless a few years back and I wished I had done it years a go...

Good luck!

Tony