Wisdom Teeth Removal

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by willens, Dec 5, 2010.

1. keehun

keehun Piano User

Feb 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    While that's probably gonna be true vast majority of the time, I think there still is danger in giving tips like those online, also as non-medical professionals. (If you are a medical professional, speak up!)

But even then, it's still over the internets and there is always danger in anonymous tipping with health-related issues...

But let me still say that I agree with your sentiments trickg! haha...

2. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Have to agree with Trick and Kirby. Many dentists pressure for it because it's good money. I found that out by talking to an honest dentist. There's this idea out there that when they grow in you get them out, period. That's not a good reason.

I have all 3 of my wisdom teeth(one didn't grow) and they are at least at 45 degree angles from the rest of my teeth, but have plenty of space in my mouth, I have no pain and no shifting.

When a dentist told me to get mine out I asked point blank,' why?' He gave me the, 'well, your teeth could shift.' Problem is, teeth don't shift overnight. If you are playing everyday and aware of your mouth/cavity space, you will know if something isn't right. Basically, he concurred that I could just wait until I ever notice it becoming a problem. It never has and I am 39.

You haven't claimed any pain or anything else adverse from them.

Now, IF there is impacting, pain, abscess or shifting(only you know your mouth), get them out but request a date after all those performances.