Wisdom Tooth: Good Exercises

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetKid93, Jun 21, 2011.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I forgot - just play any way. The exercise is cleaning the blood or plasma out of your horn.

2. cajunrph

cajunrph New Friend

Sep 2, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    The OP is over two weeks now, how is the comeback going?:play:ROFL

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I had three upper roots and two natural teeth extracted in one go with no stitches as goal was to receive full upper denture which I now have. I wasn't playing due to having lost the upper right incisor (a crown and now one of the roots in 2009_ , then 2 more crowns broke off to the gum line (2 more roots)and I had no support for my partial denture. Point: though I couldn't play I was using P.E.T.E. as goes beyond the "pencil" if used properly. I won't say I've recovered anywhere near my former capabilty but I'm again playing and enjoying it, and I feel improving each passing day. My health still has interplay in my recovery as I am aware of.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Seems to me that when a doctor in "medical situations" and/or a dentist in "dental situations" advises one not to play a musical instrument, he would be wise to listen and follow directions. Each person is different and the advice on not playing is general in scope, but it is more wise to follow "doctor's orders" for safety sake. If playing our instrument before the proper time is such an obsession, we might consider other worthwhile alternatives during the recovery period. Otherwise, we are saying:
    "What do the doctors and dentists know?" Such thinking may cause further damage to our health.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Too busy practicing to respond!! :lol:

6. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA

tobylou,

The OP may too busy practicing to respond, or his condition has worsened to the point that he hasn't been able to practice at all. :dontknow:

Maybe we will hear an update from the OP on the matter?

Best wishes,

Lloyd