Woo Hoo Back in the saddle again

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cornyandy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Played 'That's a Plenty' today at a performance - hell those little black things come up quickly don't they.

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Especially first time you see them, my eyes are still crossed (looks for cross eyed smiley but I know you can provide Ted)

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    This post does not qualify for the endorsement of his editor. That concludes my statement at this time.

4. BachStrad1

BachStrad1 Pianissimo User

Apr 9, 2012
    Kalamazoo MI
    Woo-Hoo!!! Well done, you! Great feeling, isn't it? Had a comparable night myself on Friday. Dance Band gig, our main lead was out with kidney stones and I had to take the lead..."It's the Talk of the Town" made the lead sax player turn around to stare with his mouth open and ask who played it. Really? Satisfying and infuriating at the same time. I must admit, I did sound a bit like Harry James. Keep swingin', man!

5. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Shameless plug for our upcoming concert...:oops:

[​IMG]

6. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Just been perusing the Huntsville band website, I love the Aaack Harold the Angel is Singing medly. I am interested in the use of French Horns as we don't use them in a British Band, our horn sound is from the Flugel and the Tenor horns. I'm just curious as to the thinking behind this. I do like the Huntsville Sound.

Cheers

A

7. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    The drummer on the left is a mate of mine, and it's not often I'd admit to knowing ANY Welshmen.

8. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Beth ydych chi'n ei ddweud?

9. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    French Horns?? French???? And they dare to use the name ''Brass band''? They should be ashamed of themselves. :cool: