Woo Hoo Back in the saddle again

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cornyandy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    We are ashamed :oops:, but will be rectifying the situation shortly. See my post (#30) above...

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Thanks Dale,

It just seemed a bit of an anomaly so I was curious. What will you do ask other players to swap from French Horn to Tenor in the band?

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    We've been working on them for a few years and they have finnaly agreed to switch. We competed in the open class of NABBA a few years ago, as that class allows "improper" instrumentation, but we want to enter a higher class next year so we need the tenor horns, and they understand that. We performed Stephen Bulla's Images for Brass at NABBA last time, and Mr. Bulla was in the audience. He said he rather liked the sound of the french horns on his piece.

4. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Don't tell the others but I like the French Horn sound too. I've played a varsion of Born Free that starts with a tenor horn fanfare and I've always thought shhh it would sound great on a French Horn

5. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Glad to hear it. If you can get them the Yamaha Neo is one of the best Tenor Horns available. (Having been a solo tenor horn player for the last decade, I've tried every make on the market).