Would Håkan have made £30 in Birmingham Town centre?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet-Golfer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    Re: Would Haken have made £30 in Birmingham Town centre?

This is the second time today that I've felt like I have to champion the cause of the original poster and his ideas. If I'm right TG was just making the observation that we as musicians view music differently than the average person. As fine a player as Hakan is, the material he was playing that evening would probably not interest the run of the mill person. They might not be inclined to stop and listen and through money into the hat as TG had done with the street musicians earlier in the day. Well that's my 2 cents worth. Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday to all.
    Bob

2. Trumpet-Golfer

Trumpet-Golfer Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2008
    Liverpool, England
    Bob wrote:
    "This is the second time today that I've felt like I have to champion the cause of the original poster and his ideas. If I'm right TG was just making the observation that we as musicians view music differently than the average person. As fine a player as Hakan is, the material he was playing that evening would probably not interest the run of the mill person. They might not be inclined to stop and listen and through money into the hat as TG had done with the street musicians earlier in the day. Well that's my 2 cents worth. Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday to all"

Thanks Bob, spot on. You hit the nail on the head much more concisely than I did.
    Merry Christmas & a happy new year to you and everyone else.

Trumpet-Golfer