Would this be allowed?

Discussion in 'Site Support and Comments/Suggestions' started by [email protected], Mar 20, 2018.

1. scott@95603

[email protected] Pianissimo User

Mar 27, 2014
    My health is in question at this time so I have decided to prepare for the possibility that we all face, which of course is dying. It is not a forgone conclusion that I am checking out, but I would not want to leave my family with the burden of getting rid of my horns without some guidance, so I have written up a description with pictures of my horns and other musical equipment to be sold on Craigslist if I do pass.

Would it be permissible to place a link to a Craigslist ad in this forum? And if I did, would there be those who would be willing to comment on the ad as to whether it seems appropriate, perhaps suggesting changes, prices etc.? I don’t know what Craigslist would do if I put an ad up for a couple days that was not really and ad, but more of a trial balloon. I wouldn’t leave it up for very long. Also, I would not do so in an effort to entice those of you to offer to buy. My horns will only be for sale if I pass and only in my area. I do know that I need to list a few more prices. The person listing my horns would know nothing about brass instruments, but I can't cover everything in an ad. Scott

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    We do have the commerce part of the forum where ads are welcome.

True Tone likes this.
  3. OldKing

OldKing Piano User

Aug 20, 2016
    NW of San Antonio
    I try to reduce all kinds of stuff throughout my life. It's your stuff and you have a right to hang on to everything until you pass over, but why not get rid of now the things you think you can live without? Reduce some of the burden on your loved ones. I'm still trying to get rid of some of my dad's stuff...32 years later.:bash:

Dennis78 likes this.
  4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    First off, when I was telling my wife that if I can make it to 69, the age at which my father died at, that would be enough. She said, "Maybe you're using the wrong role model. Isn't your mother in her 80s and still alive?" LOL. Don't count yourself out yet!

But to your specific questions, I'd be glad to take a look at your craigslist ad, no problem.

Regarding the forum, I don't see any reason not to post the link in the marketplace. After all, it's a place to sell items to forum members, right?

tobylou8 likes this.
  5. scott@95603

Mar 27, 2014
  6. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Text looks good. Maybe a little more conciseness would help keep the readers' interest.

Also, I would encourage you to make each item a stand-alone posting. PITA I know, but I think making a per-item post is more focused and also doesn't make the reader wade through it all to find something interesting. They might be inclined to read and, then buy, an item but might, otherwise, give up on the mess if all is rolled into one ad.

Another thing, if that chord study book is the one by Kotwika (can't read it), I would be interested in it. Please let me know if it is with an offer.

tobylou8 likes this.
  7. N1684T

N1684T Mezzo Piano User

Jun 28, 2016
    The one who dies with the most "toys" (trumpets) wins;) I am well on my way at 52, 10 years after my dad had his First bypass. My brother had a heart attack last year at 36. He is in a lot better shape than me. I am banking on having gotten my health problems out of MY way in my thirty's;)

Dad and brother still kicking;)

Acludwig1 likes this.
  8. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Scott, regarding the Chord Studies book, post an answer here, please. Since the "new, improved" format changed, my PM doesn't work.

9. scott@95603

Mar 27, 2014
    I am considering selling most books regardless of what happens in my situation. Give me some time to think about price and shipping. Shipping would take me a little time because of my situation. How is it best to ship books so they aren''t damaged? Where are you located?

10. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    In Texas.