Would you do anything different if you could rechoose your career?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Thunderchicken, Dec 27, 2006.

1. masterfulmusic29

masterfulmusic29 New Friend

Dec 15, 2006
    Just as a note (ha) I was recently accepted into the army band and the audition is ridiculessly easy. My audition for a community college scholarship was much harder.
    James

2. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    I'd do something else, well, just because, I've already done 'this'. No need to do it twice. May as well try sum'tin else.
    Besides, I'm interested in SO many different disciplines I could live 10 lifetimes and still not run out of things to try.
    Guess that's why I'm a journeyman of many things and a master of none.
    My life story!
    Variety is the spice of life.

3. tptCarl

tptCarl Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2006
    Cottonwood, Arizona
    And exactly which Army Band were you accepted into?

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Boy does this ring true for me; Of course I never made it to college until I was 28 and long out of school but that's a long story.

I have a long list of things I'd like to have "do over's" on! I really do love to play with a passion that is downright infectous. The more I play the more I want to play.

I can't help but wonder "What Might Have Been."

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I would have taken a little different path to emancipation. I should have found a job in Montana even if it took longer to graduate.

I was retired for all of 3 months. I go back to work on the 15th of January. The offer was too good to turn down. This must mean that regardless of path the outcome is what I intended.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  6. smurf351

smurf351 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2007
    Yes, yes, yes, and oh did I mention YES! I would have never put down my trumpet and never, never, NEVER picked up a wrench.

7. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi,

Nope!

God called me for my vocation and I responded. I had one vocation from that point until I retired three years ago.

I doubt if I could have chosen better.

Best wishes!

Lloyd

8. amuk

amuk New Friend

May 22, 2007
    No, my career is right for me---I like what I do and I'm good at it.
    I would have loved to play trumpet, I think, for a living but I wasn't really a good enough player to play in a major symphony, which was my goal.

9. midwestchops

midwestchops Pianissimo User

GOOD CALL! i turned wrenches and as far as doing it over........yeah, im doing that now. back in school for music ed. after getting married, graduating from college, working and having two kids. i should have taken a break and realized how much i really wanted music to be my life, even if it meant a lot of schoolwork :roll: now im the old guy and everything is harder:dontknow:

10. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    Well, I'm still in college and practicing. Another year and we'll see what happens.
    Peace,
    -Andrew