WOW, a new 24kt Tristar with FREE SHIPPING!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Jul 14, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=3736301540

Wow -- a gold plated piece of Chinese junk. What else could you want?

From the ad:
    You would be lucky to find a BRAND NEW 24k *REAL* GOLD PLATED trumpet for anything less than $3000. 24k Gold mouthpieces alone cost over $150 in most music stores. Ask any music store and verify that it costs over $1000 for the GOLD PLATING alone! Here is an opportunity to own a REAL 24k GOLD PLATED ORIGINAL TRISTAR TRUMPET with a 24k GOLD PLATED MOUTHPIECE for under $1000 delivered to your doorstep!

$1 and no reserve. At the time of this post is was up to a whopping $21. This is a $3000 trumpet with $150 mouthpiece!

Oh my, what next?

Some poor sucker will bid this thing up to several hundred, and will have a gold-plated Chinese horn. It would make a stunning lamp.

[​IMG] I say, "run away, run away"

Jim

2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well, It would make a good lamp.....maybe

3. CJDJazzTpt

CJDJazzTpt Pianissimo User

May 31, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow.... It looks like a real player! Man, that case looks like it is the ULTIMATE in protection.... Not to mention those flawlessly built valves! (NOTE THE SARCASM!)

-C-

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I made an error, the item location is "India". So it can't be a Chinese horn. It is a gold plated India piece of junk. But if the location is India, how can the seller offer free shipping to the US and Canada, but it is more to other countries? Hmm.......

Jim

5. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I think I saw one of those. How do people fall for those?

I started a forum in the Band Bus of Trumpet Geek to help a girl who ended up with a piece of junk Rossetti. If you are a member of TrumpetGeek it's called Help Thinkthink. Her new trumpet has had a broken brace or something already. I don't think it's going to last very long.

6. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Aaaah, come on Jim! This beautiful horn is from the land of India where they are expert at working with metals, especially gold. We're assured that the seller isn't selling 'factory rejects' (says something about the factory! :roll: ) and he isn't selling some cheap imitation (how much cheaper can you get?) Look at the sellers rating!

Sigh.... :?

It's guys like this that scare so many good customers away from e-bay. E-Bay then has a reputation for junk horns. What is amazing is that this horn has had 11 bids and is up to $38 so far. I guess there IS a sucker born every minute!

Bill

7. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    I just checked today and with two days in the auction to go, this piece of junk is up too $102 with $25 bids! :evil:

Bill

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Well, the word seems to be out. I was surprised to see that it finished at $155. Quite low for such a fancy ad and lots of hype.

I think the days are numbered for the cheap Chinese/India horns. Either they have to make a good product or watch the market share dry up.

Jim