writing a comparison paper

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mheffernen5, Nov 20, 2004.

1. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I am writing a comparison paper for a class on a subject I like trumpets :) I am comparing Yamaha Xeno with the average American Bach Stradivarius trumpet. Anybody want to help?

Thanks in advance,
    Molly

2. AndrewWK

AndrewWK Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2004
    Xenos are made by machines with laser percition and one will sound like the rest. Bach Strads are not and playability can veiry from horn to horn.

3. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    I'd agree with Andrew and I would add that despite the manufacturing differences the two horns sound alike! That's a shame as the Xeno has some interesting features but it still sounds just like the rest of the Bachs in my band.

4. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Bach and Yamahas may sound similar, but they don't sound the same.

Molly, why don't you use the Search function here and at TrumpetMaster to find as many reviews as possible and agreements and disagreements (like they sound alike, no they don't) and take a tally of the pros and cons mentioned for each. www.trumpetreview.com also has some reviews to take in. Of course, if you've played them both, then you add your own impression.

Dave

5. mheffernen5

OK I need some help. Would WWBW reviews be a good idea? Because YTR 8335G has no reviews and the reversed leadpipe one has only one review that's by Dcstep.

I even searched TH. So I should reverse my quote to: "And I am desperate for you." - Breathe by Michael W. Smith

So I am desperate for anything at this point...I'll write my review of a Bach which goes back to last February.

6. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Have you checked Trumpetreview.com?

Also, you could compare their histories, or you could compare how trumpet players' opinions have changed on each brand's trumpets over the years (Yamaha's has improved, while Bach's has done the opposite). You could compare how they're made...

How far along are you? Whats the deadline for the paper?

Van

7. mheffernen5

Not too far...I quoted from Bach's website a little bit and summarized a review on TH.

It's tomorrow...

8. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Crap!

Do you know about how the horns are made?

Really, use trumpetreview.com.

What are you in need of? Reviews? You got a good introduction?

Van