WSJ article today

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by A.N.A. Mendez, Jun 12, 2015.

1. mickvanflugel

mickvanflugel Forte User

Jul 1, 2011
    Germany
    [​IMG]These nitpicking regulations are totally crazy, if not evil!

2. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    "Trust us; we're the government; we're here to help."

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Week before last it took me longer to get through immigration at O'Hare than an Iranian lady who was sitting in the seat next to me..... Like 20 minutes longer. My travelling trumpet was in the checked bag and had nothing to do with the holdup. My point is, it wasn't the ivory that caused this, ivory is just a symptom of something much bigger.

It does raise an interesting question however: what exactly to declare when travelling. If we are travelling with a $10,000 Monette, Harrelson or anything else, what should we declare? What about violin bows worth the same? What about violins worth far more? If we do everything correctly, what disadvantages could we have?

I have to admit, I do profile immigration and TSA employees........ Very seldom am I disappointed. Short people tend to be giving the most hard times.

4. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I'm not trying to start an e-argument because i am genuinely curious, but I wasn't speaking politically, but legally, and feel free to respond privately, but how is an article regarding legal action carried out by an agency under the direction of a branch of government of elected officials acting (and illegally, at that) on unjust laws and targeting specific entities for special prosecution NOT political?

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The Street Journal article is a good one, and of interest to trumpet players, but we make it a point not to discuss politics or religion here at TM.

6. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
    Hmmmm..........I truly wish that it was as simple as mandating minimum height requirements for positions that are given even modest authority over others.:cool: