WTB: 1939 or earlier Martin Handcraft Imperial

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by COtrumpetkid, Mar 11, 2010.

1. COtrumpetkid

COtrumpetkid New Friend

Mar 10, 2010
    Hi,
    I am interested in getting a Martin Handcraft Imperial horn. I want the professional model, not the student horn.

2. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan
  3. COtrumpetkid

COtrumpetkid New Friend

Mar 10, 2010
    Thanks for your reply, but that is too much for my budget.:-(

4. cf homer

cf homer New Friend

Sep 4, 2009
    I have what you are looking for. My handcrafted Imperial is serial # 123XXX which indicates it was made in October of 1937. It is in great shape cosmetically and functionally plays like a dream. It looks exactly like the early Committee models.
    For more info, email me at: [email protected]

5. blowhard55

blowhard55 New Friend

Jul 26, 2013
    OK I'm stupid. What is the diff between a professional and a student horn? I'm in a position where I just buy estates, and re sale to make a few bucks. Just got an original Martin Imperial, all the valves work fine, all the SN's are correct to the horn, no dents or dings (so to mention), and looks to have all original lac. still on the brass. Only thing I can see is that you would have to have the slides "un-stuck" since this item has not been played since pre-1940. Will sell at the Allegan Antique show last Sunday in August "as-is". 1 out of 8000+ people will more than likely want it in this condition. FYI: Allegan MI is about 40miles due north of Elkhart IND where most everything good was made