WTT Warburton Trumpet ML 33T

Discussion in 'EC Downloading' started by kenudazo, Dec 20, 2016.

1. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    New Zealand
    Hi, when you post these sales threads, please post it in the correct section.
    Here-->TM Classifieds

2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
    btw, what's wrong with the warburton?

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    That's my question as well.

4. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    OP probably has the "ightous". Meaning they buy something shiny, play with it for a short time, then want to get something else shiny. Folks in the firearm world do that all the time. MY take is why not do your research & purchase something you will want to keep the first time. Ya know?!

5. veery715

veery715 Fortissimo User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    In this day of shopping on the internet, it is very easy to buy a horn without having played it. Many folks do not live near a convenient bricks-and-mortar store with lots of trumpets to try. One can do a lot of research but that will never replace the subjective experience of playing the instrument.

Warburton has a very good rep. Their prices are lower the Bach & Schilke. Seems like a pretty good opportunity - if you like it.

6. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    I've pretty much discovered most intermediate/pro horns are much the same and it's us that's the problem. I've had some serious N+1 and got some nice horns but none really better than the other. When I found the horn that worked best it was because I had real objectives not because the horn was better. If the horns is a true dog have it checked out but if not it might mean more woodshed

7. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    My Dad was very much that way - he had about 130 different shiny things that went boom at the time of his passing.

Me, I've never really been that way, either with trumpets or guns. I find what I like and what works, and I usually stick with what I like best rather than to switch up all the time. Dad literally had 8-10 pistols and revolvers lined up on the top of his dresser, sort of like the flavor of the day so he could decide which one he wanted to wear with his police officer's uniform. Some guys are that way with trumpets.

It just seems to me that with either trumpets or guns, you can be good on any of them, but if you really want to dial in, you need to pick just one, and work with that one exclusively.