wwbw.com

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Ebs, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Ebs

Ebs New Friend

Aug 3, 2015
    Thinking about getting a new trumpet from woodwind and brass wind (wwbw).com making sure the site is legit? Anyone been unsatisfied with it? Thanks, Ebs

2. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    I have not dealt with them, but they have a good repuation. It is legit.

3. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    It's legit. I have always been pleased with them; they have always treated me well.

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    The woodwind and brasswind has been around for a long time. They were out of South Bend, Indiana, and I ordered stuff from them when I was in high school in the late 1980s. They are definitely reputable. I got some mutes from them once from their scratch n dent stock that were deeply discounted, but to my eye seemed perfectly fine, especially since I was going to toss them in a gear bag to get clunked around.

If you order from them, you won't be disappointed.

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Check Washinghton Music

They will usually beat WWBW price on a trumpet, but more than just a few bucks.

For example, Schilke at Washington, right now, $2775...WWBW same horn $2845.

Chuck Levin's Music Instruments Store

6. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I agree with the comments already posted.

WWBW.com, MusiciansFriend.com, Music123.com, and MusicArts.com, are all owned by GuitarCenter.com.

They have good prices, and a very liberal return policy.

Over the years, I've purchased a lot of stuff from them. But I'm not sure I'd buy a horn from them, only because I'd like to "try before I buy". But then again, they have a great return policy.

Mike

7. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I would qualify that statement. I've been using them since pre-internet days. There are a good store. They were great. They have been bought and sold a couple of times in recent years, each time by a larger corporation, and we all know that the danger when that happens is that a business can become less personal, less company/family oriented and, all too often, older more experienced people leave and less experienced ones come in. And that has happened to WWBW.

I still use them, they are my go-to store, but not as exclusively as in the past. Too many mistakes in orders. Too many really dumb things like sending a bone mpc instead of a trumpet mpc (just an example).

I would have no real problem using them, but I would be prepared to follow up with telephone calls to a real person (don't be reluctant to ask for a supervisor if necessary), if there are problems. One thing I've noticed almost universally is in the internet age, people expect the technology to take care of everything. No. Call a real person if necessary.

Music 123 offers the same basic inventory as WWBW, so if something is not available at WWBW, it's likely it's not available from 123 also. And that is also a good company. If I'm not mistaking, they are managed by the guy who built WWBW. I bought a German Hoyer "French" horn from them (123) and had really good service.