WWBW review/thoughts?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by treble_forte, Sep 9, 2010.

1. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I bought a horn from them 17 years ago with no problems. I bought 2 mouthpieces this year with no problems. They do fine for me.

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Since there've been some negative posts, let me expand my original response. I've used WWBW about a dozen times or so in the past year or two. I've had a couple problems, which is to be expected. But they were all promptly addressed by WWBW. For me, that's the key.

Not sure whey they kept sending Moshe a 7C instead of a 5V. And even though the solution should have been very simple. Let's give WWBW credit for their repeated attempts to fix the problem.

3. Moshe Mizrachi

Moshe Mizrachi Pianissimo User

Feb 17, 2010
    "Let's give WWBW credit for their repeated attempts to fix the problem."

They sent the wrong mouthpiece 3 times in a row, but they get an "A" for effort?

See the Trumpet Master thread "OK, this is getting ridiculous"
    about WWBW from a couple of years ago
    where several people had problems with WWBW...

TrumpetMaster.com - Trumpet forum, classifieds, employment, and live chat!

Like I said, why deal with a company like WWBW which has a so-so record for customer service,
    when there are companies like Dillon Music which always give top-notch service at great prices year after year after year.

For example, Wick cornet mouthpieces are $33 at Dillon Music
    while they are $39.95 at WWBW.

Why should I give WWBW a 4th try to get it right,
    when Dillon Music gets it right the 1st time?

If someone wants to use WWBW, I really don't care,
    that's fine with me, that's their right.
    I was just trying to give balance to a thread which was
    100 percent pro-WWBW, a 100 rating that WWBW doesn't deserve.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Ummm ... yes. There are some vendors out there that wouldn't make any attempt to correct things. I'm not trying to minimize the problem you had. I was just highlighting the fact that WWBW did try to make it right.

I think it's good that you tried to add some balance. I hope you don't think that I was trying to criticize you. I was just clarifying that they attempted to correct the problem. I think that's important.

5. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Ordered a lot over seas, no problem! Fast and safe shipping!

6. treble_forte

treble_forte Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2007
    N. Ireland
    Well lads... I just bought a case from them - I will report back. Taking a calculated risk!

thanks for the help =)

Mike

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Even Mother Nature is not perfect. There are people born with various handicaps.

When I shop, I look for a commitment to the customer - even if something goes wrong. If I have a problem once and it is resolved - no issue, if it happens twice, I move up the ladder and talk to a manager and not customer service. If it happens 3 times, I talk to the boss. I am 54 and this has always worked. the tone is always friendly but no BS. DEMANDING something sets a tone that most of the time does not make your counterpart cooperative. Gently explaining that a glitch has happened or repeated increases their sense of pride. THAT helps. PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS are the answer.

That being said, I support local dealers even if they are more expensive. I am IMPORTANT to them. That is not the case in a fully automated, low profit, price cut to the bone Internet operation. You ultimately get what you pay for.

It is not my job to quality control customer service for these operations. That is why each call goes a step higher.

8. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    Just ordered a mouthpiece, I'll letcha know.

9. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    My wife and I have purchased brass instruments (4) and various accessories from WWBW over the past seven years and found the firm to be generally reliable. We've had items on backorder from time to time and cancelled when backorders weren't honored in a timely manner, but that isn't a big deal.

However, we live 50 miles from WWBW and (except for two or three orders by mail), we shopped at their store operation in South Bend, Indiana which was a nice experience.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

10. treble_forte

treble_forte Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2007
    N. Ireland
    I appreciate that you are all being very forthcoming with responses here!

I emailed them regarding the colour of the leather and they replied within 24 hours. Just to let you know my status!

Thanks again!
    Mike