WWBW review/thoughts?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by treble_forte, Sep 9, 2010.

1. DaveH

DaveH Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    I have purchased some things from WWBW, but not lately.

I had no problems, but my last transaction was quite a while ago, and sometimes quality of service changes over time with personnel, management, and/or operational policy changes.

I guess the conclusion would be that some have no problems and others do. So, buyer beware.

I prefer to do business with a company that is not hundreds of miles away, with nameless and faceless voices on the telephone, or emails on the Internet. It has some of the elements of buying sight unseen, which I always avoid if possible - a reason why I avoid eBay. Thus are the prices to pay with advancing technological changes and Internet shopping. So, you have to decide what risks you are willing to take and at what price...

2. JPHorn

JPHorn New Friend

Sep 13, 2010
    I have used our local store, Buddy Rogers Music, and they have been fantastic. I used Dillon and they sent a used trumpet that didn't match the description. Not only did they make it right quickly, Steve Dillon followed up several times to make sure all was well. I will consider them for my upcoming trumpet purchase (good enough for Phil Smith, good enough for me). I have also ordered moutpieces from WWBW with no problems, although a CS rep seemed a bit pushy for me to order items (trumpets) that I had them price-match. So, it's either Buddy Rogers or Dillon.

3. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I have been using WWBW since they were a couple of old houses. They expanded there business and went to a new building and then again to their present location. I have used their mail order quite a few times when I couldn't get something locally. The only bad thing I will say is that the last 2 times I traveled there to try some horns [I called before hand to see if they were in stock] most of the horns I went to try were not available when I arrived. The last time I went to try flugels and the the two I called about were not there when I arrived later that day. I also asked 3 times to test a Cervany[sp] flugel they had on sale and the salesperson refused to bring it out saying that I wouldn't like it and it was a piece of junk. I will not ever waste my time to travel there again but will still order things that I need if unable to get it here in Indy. They used to be very friendly and accomadating at the store but I think they have grown so much that the sales people probably don't have time to answer questions.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Dave,

Had you wanted too try guitars (even a banjo) on your "on-site" visit to WWBW, you probably would have had salespeople falling all over themselves to help you. Go figure?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

5. treble_forte

treble_forte Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2007
    N. Ireland
    Well guys,

I am very impressed.

Ordered on the 10th, Shipped on the 15th, arrived today - the 21st.

They replied within 24 hours to an email regarding the colour of the case.

Thanks for the help/input. I understand that they may be slow if the item is not in stock and you order, but that has happened to me from Thomann, who I regard highly.

Mike

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    They were just trying to send you the "BEST" mpc in the world! ;-)