www.trumpetbuzz.com

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Buzz, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Buzz

Buzz New Friend

Nov 11, 2003
    McDonough, GA
    *******NEW TRUMPET SITE*******

www.trumpetbuzz.com

This awesome new site is going to have all the Buzz about the trumpet. All of the regular forum topics will be included, but there will also be a section for the latest gossip. There will only be one member. She will rule supreme on all issues. The need for a gloves off forum will not disappear. Sybil, is that you?

Of course, we are going to need to have another Eclipse contest. There will be only one entry, and of course she will win. Her theme, well... it's the ultimate in a chick horn. The color is chameleon. (that way it matches my... i errr mean... her ;) outfit.) Also... it will have a mood ring effect. You will always know when to steer clear of this trumpet player. Run when the valve block is black. Included is the standard Eclipse Medium trumpet, but there is a rear view mirror, because we are completely suspicious of the percussion section WITH GOOD REASON.

All of the member at www.trumpetbuzz.com is looking forward to the contest. The winner will be announced on July 23, 2004, the member's next birthday. The member at www.trumpetbuzz.com would like to say, "Thank YOU, Leigh Mckinney!" Long live Leigh!

www.trumpetbuzz.com

2. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hiya Buzz!

Just having one member in this new trumpet site may not be fair when putting up a contest!

But i will think it over Buzz before putting it on the back burner FOREVER! :lol:

Nice to hear from you again!!!! you dont post often enough for my liking!

If that new job of yours is getting in the way of you posting regular, then you'll just have to quit ya know!

Regards

Leigh

3. Buzz

Buzz New Friend

Nov 11, 2003
    McDonough, GA
    DAMN! Oh well, you didn't even say anything about my idea for mood lacquer. Come on, Leigh. Keep an open mind. Wonder if it's possible? Look into it.

As far as work goes... well, I'm getting ready for band festival. It's only about six weeks away, and I'm pretty much a wreck. After that, I will be cruising into the summer, and I'll be posting like a pro. Sorry I've been absent, and I really hate that I missed the contest.

Regards to you, too!
    Meg

4. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    buzzzzzzz-

your site wouldn't show up. i'll try later.

dj

5. Buzz

Buzz New Friend

Nov 11, 2003
    McDonough, GA
    Hi, David! Well, I haven't talked to you in a while. My bandroom is shaping up. The instruments are behind locked doors, and I have organized the library, somewhat. You know the history on my group. I've decided to get them ready for festival. Whether or not we actually go remains to be seen. They behave like very large 3 year old children. It's hard for me to think of them walking across a stage to perform. If they did manage to pull that off, it's hard for me to think of them walking offstage appropriately. We are preparing 3 pieces. "A Baroque Celebration" by Chuck Elledge, "Silvergate Overture" by John Edmondson, and "Circus March" by Andrew Watkin. (If you know the march, I'm taking the foot stamping part out if we go to festival.) Anyway... the year speeds on, and for that I am thankful. My 7th graders play at about the same level as my 8th graders, but with less maturity. Their behavior is a little better. My 6th graders are MINE, and they are absolutely awesome. My next task for them is to get them out of their books and into something a little more interesting. Ideas? You have been more help to me in this quest than you realize. I ordered Manila Bay March, btw. It's a little too hard for my 8th graders to have ready in time for festival...(March 11). I know that seems like a long time from now, but my school is on block scheduling, and I only see the kids 3 times a week. We have winter break mid-February. Perhaps, next year my 7th grade group will be up to it. So this isn't completely non-trumpet related... YOU OUGHTA HEAR MY 6th GRADE TPT players. One of them already has a high Bb. He's pretty amazing. One day the 2nd chair player beat him in a challenge. He told the kid not to become attached to the chair. He was just keeping it warm!

So... how's your year going?
    Meg

6. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    buzzbabe:

sorry 'bout the king march. what 6th grade books are you using?

our spring concert-
    hot time march (7-12)
    russian sailor's dance - sr high
    down to the river to pray (7-12)
    newcastle march - sr high
    on broadway (7-12)
    solos-
    maple leaf rag-clar
    chariots of fire-trumpet
    basin street blues-flute
    another flute
    2 or 3 vocals

dj

7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    WOW!!! Buzz... Your Valve Oil page is unbelievable! I've never known anyone to carry that much valve oil with them at one time.

Are the valve buttons pictured on your Bach trumpet the Paua Abalone gemstones? It's a little difficult to tell in the pictures.

What a nice picture of your Eclipse Equinox trumpet! I really like the look of the red brass, yellow brass, and nickel-silver together... very classy looking. Brilliant design!

Where did you find the seemingly endless list of "Left-handed Compliments", located on your "Jokes" page? Most of them could bring a grown person to their knees, begging for mercy!

It's interesting that the contest for all of your "member" ends on National Vanilla Ice Cream Day (July 23rd every year... www.allabouticecream.com/History/nationaldays.html ) Now THAT is a little known fact! I noticed that your entry was without a name. If you don't mind, I would like to suggest "MOOdy"! :D

Good Luck!
    Bruce

8. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Hi Bruce,

I think that Buzz's forum will really start to grow and "take off" when she starts talking to herself via multiple user names. :wink:

Or, maybe she can give her "band kids" extra credit if they log-on. :roll:

I admit, I have been naughty...but at least I made myself laugh. :lol:

All the best Lady Buzz!

9. Buzz

Buzz New Friend

Nov 11, 2003
    McDonough, GA
    K... I really have begun work on the site. I'll keep you guys posted.

David Johnson!!! Tell me something... You once told me that in a march you only used one clarinet on the high notes and the rest read it down an octave. Ummm... would you use that technique on any old piece of music... or just on a march? My clarinets are just beginning to play above the break. Therefore they are NOT in tune. I'm thinking that maybe the way to fix that is by doing what you suggested even on concert music. Tell me what you think. Festival is March 11. We're getting there! Thanks for your advice. BTW... my 6th graders are using Essential Elements 2000. I think it's time for a piece of sheet music. Something fun, light, catchy. Ideas? You're sooooo much help to me. Thanks a bunch!
    Meg

10. Ash

Ash Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2004
    Same for me, won't work at all. "Page not found"