Xeno shot blast

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Beau Kemp, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Beau Kemp

Beau Kemp New Friend

Oct 28, 2005
    Arkansas
    Does anyone know where I can view some pictures of this "shot blast" finish? Especially how it is done on the YTR8335RGS horn. I assume shot blast means it is going to have a dull or scratched look to it, but do they polish any slides or other areas of the horn? Is the inside of the bell shiny?
    Just can't seem to find any decent pictures. TIA

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just picked one for a student who might back out of the deal... It's a dullish finish but very uniform and cool in my opinion. The bell is not shiny.

PM if you are interested in the horn ;)
    :cool:
    -T

3. Beau Kemp

Beau Kemp New Friend

Oct 28, 2005
    Arkansas
    Trent - I'm definitely interested in the horn, but I don't think my wife would be :shock: I'm a come back player and we agreed that I would play a good 6 months to a year before I bought a new horn. I've been back in the game for about a month.
    I have never seen pictures of the shot blast finish, so if you have a digi camera and could snap a few shots that would be great! I just thought the finish might be interesting and different.

4. JAM393

JAM393 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Saint Louis, Missouri
    I saw this shot blast Yamaha in a music store in Saint Louis, Missouri. It was pretty sharp. I didn't give it a try so I can't say how it sounded. One thing I noticed was the seam of the bell was obvious. I hadn't noticed that on other horns.
    I am also a comeback player and will be making a purchase around January. My wife gave me the green light with my yearly bonus check. I am leaning towards the Schilke B6 or Calicchio 1s2.

5. JAM393

JAM393 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Saint Louis, Missouri
    I just saw some pics of this horn under a search on this site. Search under Yamaha Xeno "Shotblast" finish. The site shows several pics. The horn is nice looking.

6. BflatAnklan

BflatAnklan Pianissimo User

Jan 28, 2005
    Midwest area USA
    I played a shotblast 8335 in New York a year ago. It was a great horn! I don't remember if the trim was different though...I thought the horn had a very energized sound, but maybe it was just me :)

7. jazzcompozer

jazzcompozer New Friend

Sep 23, 2005
    I play on a shot blast Xeno.....

I play on a Xeno "shot-blast" and I can tell you, it is a fine machine.....
    PM me with your email address and I will take a few fine pix of it and email them to you. I bought this horn because it was the best pick (for me) out of 2 Bach 72's, 3 Bach 37's, 1 Calicchio 1S2 and a Schilke X3. I LOVE this horn!! I would be happy to email a review to you as well. .....

8. jazzcompozer

jazzcompozer New Friend

Sep 23, 2005
  9. Beau Kemp

Beau Kemp New Friend

Oct 28, 2005
    Arkansas
    :lol: Good one jazzcomposer

I'll pm you, thanks