Yamaha ycr-2330II

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by joshuasullins, Apr 3, 2006.

1. joshuasullins

joshuasullins Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2005
    Silverdale, WA
    I have this yamaha student model cornet. I have been trying to get rid of it for quite some time. Does anybody have any contacts for retailers who buy this stuff for more than 50 dollars?

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    The sad truth is that there isn't much of a market for used student level instruments. Due to a faulty valve guide in my son's Holton student model trumpet, he has been using my old Strad - when we bought his student horn, I didn't have my Schilke B6, but since I have had it, my Strad is sort of the "extra" trumpet in the house.

Since he has been using my Strad, I didn't see much need to keep the student model horn around anymore so I was going to check into selling it, and putting the cash toward a decent guitar tube amp - my son is more of a guitar player than a trumpet player and I don't see that he will continue with trumpet much longer. What I found when I went to sell it (checked into ebay) was pretty discouraging. If I want to get it sold, I'm probably going to take a substantial hit, even in light of the fact that I got an excellent deal to begin with due to being a good friend of the music store owner.

Good luck with it - I hope you find a buyer.

3. joshuasullins

joshuasullins Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2005
    Silverdale, WA
    I am just hoping to get 300 - 350 out of it

4. mtm-austin

mtm-austin New Friend

Sep 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Try eBay. Prices for that horn tend to run from $150-$300+. I think I paid $225 or so for mine on eBay a few months ago. It was an earlier 2330 model in great shape. You'll get less if it is in poor shape.

I just checked eBay, and here are a few recent winning bids on YCR-2330s:
    $373.86, $413.88, $210.50, $370.39,

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Let's not forget that he's selling a YCR 2330 II. That makes it one of the newest models. If it is in good shape it should easily get his asking price provided he gets the right student/parent at the right time. I think August/Sept is the best time to be selling a student instrument. Having owned an older 2330 (lacquer, no thumb saddle) for a few years I'd happily pay $300 for one today in excellent condition and silver plate: they are VERY nice cornets for the money.

6. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon New Friend

May 9, 2005
    Redding, CA
    Mine is the one that sold for $413. It would have been a great buy for more, too. A music store was the high bidder. I tried some higher priced cornets for comparison that little yammie played better. I did end up with a Getzen 3850 that I like better but not by a whole lot--I mainly like the triggers.