Yamaha YTR-4335G or Yamaha YTR-2320

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Leonin, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Leonin

Leonin New Friend

Aug 9, 2007
    I've never thought about it that way and I think you are right. This made choosing the right trumpet so much easier. Thank you. :-)

One thing that would be really fun, is some sort soundclips of a different trumpets played by the same player, the same part of the song and with the same recording equipment and place.

2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    David G. Monette Corporation

Testing by Manny Laureano of several different Monette C trumpets.

Also, would be cool for someone to do something similar with student, intermediate, and pro horns too. A drawback is I can't make them sound as good as someone who is truly accomplished makes them sound.

Leo, since your so genuinely excited right now to learn everything trumpet, here's a great little essay on trumpets by Jens Lindemann [​IMG] He calls it his "Trumpet Rant" Forum: trumpetherald.com Jen's homepage can be found here: JENS LINDEMANN'S WEB QUARTERS

I think you'll find it worth reading, but it does not contain any super message for you per se. Just a great little bit of opining.

In it he mentions Phil Smith [​IMG]

And here MySpace.com - Philip Smith - New York City, New Jersey - Classical - www.myspace.com/phillipsmithnypo you can listen to Phil play 4 pieces. His playing of "Maid of the Mist" knocks my socks off.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  3. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Hey Tennis, Lansing is my hometown and have lots of family there, even though moved to Kalamazoo many years ago. I think Marshall Music carried Yamaha's, but maybe I am wrong. They have always done alot of school instrument business. I believe Yamaha moved their instrument manufacture out of GR, back to Japan recently. OldLou is very knowlegeable and has a great collection. You'll like the Bachs I am sure. I had a Strad 37 for 22 yrs.
    Dave
    2007 Barrington
    55-60 Besson 8-10 trumpet
    67 Besson 8-10 cornet
    ? Gretsch Pathfinder Long Cornet
    ancient Marceau cornet (wallhanger) or limited playing:D

4. Leonin

Leonin New Friend

Aug 9, 2007
    Wonderfull. thank you Richard!

Btw I went to the shop today and tried different trumpets for about 4 hours (including a well earned lunchbreak). Just for fun I compared one of the more expensive once against a cheaper trumpet, and the most obvious difference for the untrained eye AND lip (my god they hurt now) was that the expensive trumpet were heavier and easier to play. The valves were "soggier" (I have no idea if soggier is a word but it sounds good and explains the feeling I got when pressing the valves :p ) on the cheap trumpet. The trumpet expert in the shop played them both too and it was then I heard that price does matter but the difference wasn't that amazingly huge that I felt that I should buy and expensive trumpet........today.

Anyway, I decided to buy a B&S 3137. The sound and feeling of it were the best in that price range. And most importantly it felt like an instrument that I would be able to "grow" with
    for a long time.
    I really think that I have made the right choice but please tell me if there are any "hidden" downsides with this model.

/Leonin

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  5. tennis_the_menace

tennis_the_menace Pianissimo User

Jan 11, 2007
    Lansing, MI

Marshall's only proffesional model is the Strad 37, i got my 43 off ebay.

They have yamahas but only student models.

6. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    I've heard great things about the B & S trumpets. When you have time, take some photos and post them. I bet you got a great horn!!

7. Leonin

Leonin New Friend

Aug 9, 2007
    I certainly will. Have to find my camera first though. :-)

8. Lucky paul

Lucky paul New Friend

Oct 24, 2016
    Valencia Spain
    Hi,some confusion on the bach range some are not bachs ,i just got a 4335g sweeeeet,,as a starter and beyond,i think its that the bachs are farmed out but the preludes have a bach badge ,made in china,,dont think you can go wrong with the 2320 0rn the 4335g,,,but i know i love mine,,,cheers Richard,lol,,good luck,,

9. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    del