Yamaha YTR-6320 As much info as poss!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by bonodog, Oct 13, 2004.

1. bonodog

bonodog New Friend

Apr 10, 2004
    Manston, UK
    Hi all,

I've recently purchased a secondhand Yamaha YTR-6320 in lacquer from Seinman. I took a gamble based on what he had previously listed on Trumpetherald. I've got to say it is an absolutely superb instrument. I currently play a 1986 Kanstul French Besson Meha I've had from new and just fancied a change. A change it certainly is but I love the way it plays. It has a beautiful rich tone, is very free blowing with excellent intonation. The build quality is superb. However finding any information on the web about this particular model is proving harder than that of the F. Besson Meha. Is there anyone out there that can give any info about this instrument. Yamaha's website historical section lists the 632 and 6320s but makes no mention of a lacquer version. I understand Schilke had a hand somewhere in its design but I have been unable to confirm this or find a list of dates of manufacture. Whilst Yamaha give the basic specifications of the instrument it states nothing about a stepbore design. I have heard this mentioned as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Ian

PS. Based on this instrument I would recommend a secondhand 6/7 series Yamaha to anyone as a superb value-for-money horn.

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    isnt that horn a copy of the SChilke B5?

i have to agree about those old yamaha schilke copies being a GREAT buy, i have a 737 myself and i love it.