Yamaha YTR-9335NYS

Discussion in 'Horns' started by BudBix, Nov 5, 2005.

1. BudBix

BudBix Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I see that Yamaha is coming out with a Bb Artist trumpet. Anybody here gotten a chance to play one? I know they aren't for sale yet but thought I'd ask just in case someone has the inside story. I'd be especially interested in the specs. if you know them and how big a step up from the Xeno it is.

Thanks in advance,

2. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    I played a prototype at the NTC. NICE horn!! The perfect balance of resistance throghout the registers, intonation very solid. I would like to give it a more in depth test drive in the future, but my initial opinion is very positive.

3. fundenlight

fundenlight New Friend

Aug 2, 2005
    The new Yamalone NY Phil Bb's are absolutely amazing. At ITG in Denver Bob had the Bb's that they are supposedly going to release into production, but he also had NY Phil C trumpets as well as the Chicago's that are being manufactured ritgh now. From my brief play test with all of the horns there the NY's, Bb and C, were much better instruments. The particular NY Bb that I played on was a reverse lead w/ gold plating. Very open resonant instrument. Wish my Xeno played/sounded like that one did.

4. Mzony

Mzony Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The NY does not have a reverse leadpipe. I'm sure there were some developments along the way that included a reverse leadpipe, but it did not end up that way.
    That said it is a very nice trumpet, should make a lot of players really happy.

Mike

5. thetrumpetmaster

thetrumpetmaster New Friend

Nov 3, 2005
    Any ideas as far as price?

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I'm on the list at Dillon.........They told me to expect at least 3k to start, just like the Chicago C.

7. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    OUCH!

greg

8. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Mzony,

which pipe does it have on it , the MB1?