You Don't Really Know

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tunefultrumpet, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland

hm...I have always some truble deciding wich room to practice in at home, so you think the biggest room would be best?
    I have a big livingroom but i like the cosy feeling of the kitchen so I play there a lot :-)

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    The hard surfaces in the kitchen probably give you more reflections, enlarging your perceived sound.
    veery

3. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    I liked 1, but 3 sounded awfully good also, tough toss up. Nice stuff though, got me to think about my mouthpiece selections, thanx for the posts.......chuck

4. tunefultrumpet

tunefultrumpet Pianissimo User

Apr 9, 2008
    New Zealand
    Okay Chuck, as requested here are two clips from Hayburner playing lead part on the DW3E lead piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the kind comments about my playing, by the way. Rowuk I agree about practicing in a small room making your sound get stuffy etc. I find when I get the chance to play in a large room I blow through the horn more, stretching out my sound rather than pulling back which I find I do in a small room. I find the hard surfaces in my kitchen make it too reverberant for reasonable practice.

5. tunefultrumpet

Apr 9, 2008
    New Zealand
    I find it fascinating how those of you who have said which sound clips/mouthpieces you like the most are mostly selecting different ones to myself and each other. It proves how individual our sound preferences are, maybe it relates to our "ideal" trumpet sound(s) we have in our heads. I noticed the same thing when Trent posted a selection of sound clips of him playing different horns.

6. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    Hey Tuneful trumpet, I'm going to record myself in my school auditorium when I get back to school in Feb.
    What part of NZ are you from?

7. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    I like both clips but, the 2nd one was my favorite. Great Job!

8. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    Sounds weird, but how's the bathroom? :lol:

9. scottlashbrook

scottlashbrook New Friend

Jan 2, 2009
    London UK
    To my ear you sound most even and fuller on the DW3E, and the 7C

10. tunefultrumpet

Apr 9, 2008
    New Zealand
    Aha, someone who agrees exactly with what I heard, cheers Scott.

Thanks for the comments everyone, posting audio files is not so scary afterall.