You might remember me......Mr. Manny sir and friends

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmpt_chica, Sep 3, 2005.

1. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Hello again Mr. Manny and friends it is me trmpt chica, yet again asking for help.... :D hope you dont mind...but I did decide to join marching band, and it is SOOOO much fun! i cant believe i ever thought of quiting (thanks to you all i didnt quit!) its not all fun and games, but for the most part it is fun yet tough, we are playing Oceans, four pieces of music by Claude Debussy and Goff Richards.. the whole show is 7 minutes and 43 seconds I believe, thank you again for all of your advice, Im here again to ask for it again, Me and this guy have been going back and fourth by spraying body spray on one another, (people would say were flirting, I call it war) he plays the same instrument as me and he sprayed Axe, the body spray, in my instrument, and i was wondering if body spray would hurt my instrument? and he also sprayed it all over the insides of my case (which has furry padding in it) should i be concerned? i would really like to know, thank you again!

-rebecca

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Miss Rebecca,

It's nice to see you again and I'm glad you've had a fun time at marching band camp. Frankly, I'm more concerned about that getting in your eyes than on your horn! If it got on the case fur, you'll likely have to get a very damp wash cloth and clean it. Leave the case open to dry. As long as you don't get that stuff inside the horn your pretty much okay but it's still not a good idea to play with that stuff. You don't want that near your slides and valves. It'll gunk it up really bad and you may have to take it to a repair shop!

Welcome back and have a great school year,

ML

3. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Its sooo good to like finnally back here on the forum, wow you wrote back fast, You are not going to like hearing this but he put it through out my horn he sprayed sooo much (i never saw this cause i left my horn in the band room and he put it in my horn when i wasnt there) some one told me the spray went all the way through and came out the bell, i cleaned my horn and put more oil on my valves but still want to make sure my trumpet isnt in danger of anything....and no it didnt get in my eyes, thank goodness, but he did put it on my water jug and I had to clean it out....thank you for the advice and hope your year is happy and great! what are you going to do this year? if i may ask :D

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    All the way through your horn?!

Yikes! Please, don't let anyone do that to your horn again, Rebecca. It could cause an expensive problem for you. I'd wash that horn with warm soapy water, dry it and oil it again.

Anyway, I'm playing a lot of pieces you may not have ever heard of. I'm playing three symphonies by Mahler who was a very important composer for us trumpeters. He wrote beautifully for us and it's fun to play his stuff. We're playing a lot of Beethoven, Brahms... lot's of music by Russian and French composers. But here's some news for you you might not know: they went and made me an assistant conductor with the orchestra for a year! I'll mostly be a cover conductor which means you have to learn the music for the week you're on and hope somebody gets sick! Just joking. After the year is up I go back to regular job. I'll still be playing this year, don't misunderstand. It's just an extra thing I'm doing.

I'll be starting up with my youth orchestra soon and I'm editing a book that I hope will be very helpful to older trumpeters. When I older, I don't mean ancient ones like me, just ones that have a bit more experience than you do right now.

And then, the nicest thing I'll be doing is going to Puerto Rico for a week to teach and concertize. I'll get to see my folks then.

Whew! Is that enough, Miss Rebecca?

ML