You Tube - High Note Trumpet National Anthem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MJ, Jan 7, 2009.

1. skankin'dan

skankin'dan Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Hey, that sounded not bad.... at least until 4 trumpets came on at once, then it sounded like 4 cats being stepped on simultaneously :shhh:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I had a concert recently for 3 trumpets and organ. One of the players has a solid G above double C (if not more). He was the only one that did not prepare for the concert and really trashed the program.

I will go on record as saying that this garbage is not only a waste of time, it also brings out the juvenile and stupid in many players that claim to want to be musicians. Idiots beware, if we get much of this I will be very to the point!

Just because there is trumpet related trash on the net, we do not need to prove at TM that we can collect it better.

3. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    way to kill a fun thing...

4. BrassOnLine

BrassOnLine Piano User

Nov 22, 2007
    Spain
    Don't be bad. It's funny and makers were kidding ;-)
    Sometimes a joke it's a joke.
    BE HAPPY !!! :play:

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I'm sorry,
    my musical biggest let downs were from idiots that thought they could prove something in the stratosphere. The only confirmation was that there is often a vacuum upstairs.

My biggest problem is that there are kiddies that really get off on this stuff.

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008

I think that kids in general are fascinated with exremes. They don't want to try something new, they want to be the BEST at something new (and they usually want to be the best immediately). Same applies to the trumpet. If there's an extreme register, that's the first thing they want to hit!

Usually age and experience teach them (us) that the VAST majority of what they will ever need is below high C. It's fun to play around and be able to play in the stratosphere, but definitely not a requirement.

I'll have to admit that my guilty pleasure is listening to Bergeron, Maynard, Hessions, and the rest of the high note masters (and I LOVED Arturo's version of the Star Spangled Banner), but I agree with you that more is not always better...

7. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Reminds me of a quote...

"90% of my job and paycheck is below high c... but 100% of the fun is above."

lol

8. andy-rockstar

andy-rockstar Pianissimo User

Jan 6, 2009
    Anchorage, AK
    You're set for life if you can just hit (and fully control) a high C. Beyond that, how many more notes does anyone need?

9. TheNigerian

TheNigerian New Friend

Nov 2, 2008
    Akron
    Blah blah blah...

Whoever thought of editing this is amazing.

10. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    actually, I've got more than enough pieces that I have to play regularly that go above it. (at least to D or Eb), so i'd say if you can play the F or G above high C well, you can play 99% of all the music you'll ever play, or more.

anything above that, you won't use