You Tube - High Note Trumpet National Anthem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MJ, Jan 7, 2009.

1. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008

Not sure about that information on Doc. He probably hits at least one or two in this clip:

YouTube - Doc Severinsen

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    A little off topic....and not to start anything, ok, what the heck, just to start something....

Watch the video and see how one of the best that ever did it uses vibrato....with his hand. And he varies the speed of the vibrato to fit what he wants to do.

That is the way professionals I know do it.

3. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    What I'd like to know how he did it, the pick up to the 1st verse after the intro trill....."look mom, no valves!" :-? Geez.....I suck:lol:

4. JonathanShaw

JonathanShaw Pianissimo User

Jun 29, 2006
    Everything in moderation...... That video was cool. Some trumpet players are determined to hate any sign of "meathead" trumpet playing. Nobody said that this was the only part of trumpet that matters. Every trumpet player i know has gotten a laugh out of The Tasteebros website. Doesn't mean it's the only thing they listen to. Everything in moderatoin

RobertSlotte likes this.
  5. Cat Binderson

Cat Binderson New Friend

Jul 16, 2005
    Germany
    i think it's a funny video. and i am sure, that every guy who is one of the 'performers' in this video can also play soft and in the staff.

6. soloft

soloft New Friend

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    lol, if only I could consistenly play that high, that was awesome! A bit annoying, but once you listen you can hear the notes pretty clearly. Someone must've been very bored, lol.