Your Marching Band Stories

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RHSbigbluemarchingband, Apr 26, 2009.

1. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    i have a rather entertaining story, during a grand pause today during concert band i went over the row of eighth notes which were at fff and i nailed a high C and the entire band got up and looked at me, how embarassing!!

oh and can i have that song aswell via pm?

2. erd402

erd402 Pianissimo User

Mar 21, 2009
    West Virginia
    During band camp someones clarinet got sat on. Snapped it right in half.

Our drumline stole a whole bunch of crap from our section leader. They complained that they were missing stuff (you know $4, a bottle of water, that kinda stuff). We had to go stand at attention from about 11-12 PM. Our section leader didn't mention what he was missing. Instead, the next day he left practice early to "use the bathroom" and pulled out every single matress from the drumlines cabin and threw them down a hill, turned temp up to about 100ยบ, and put a tree in the middle of the room. The ultimate pay-back :-)

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    1976, the Apple Cup, Washington State vs, the University of Washington, at Huskie stadium. We played a bunch of patriotic tunes, followed by taps. Some people in the crowd even cried. The Huskies played a tribute to rain.

Guess who won that battle of the bands!