Your most memorable show !!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hoghorn, Jan 2, 2009.

1. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    It's a good thing that I wasn't in your shoes. Man, whenever I try to improve in jazz band it turns out into a total disaster; I have to have my music written down. I'm horrible at improving, and even if it is written down, I could use some work at jazz. :dontknow:

2. Wlfgng

Wlfgng Piano User

Aug 15, 2008
    Canada
    Two come to mind for me.

The first one was during High School, I was playing tuba at the time. We were playing a piece of music where the tubas came in first with a nice low note, french horns followed 2 measures later with the melody. The other tuba player and I had gone to school together our entire life. Part of our warm up was playing "Dueling Tubas", you guessed it we were dared to play dueling tubas for this song during the next contest. The competition was held at the Performing Arts Center in Banff ( same place as ITG 08).
    We started with dueling tubas, came in with our note for the begining of the piece and the horns came it right on time. Our band director has....well......po'd. We got into some trouble over that, but man it was worth it.

Second one was from this past Christmas concert season. We played at local Seniors Home, absolutly butchered every piece we played........the seniors didn't care. The clapped and cheered and were so impressed you would have thought we were New York Philharmonic. I guess what made it memorable was not that we played good or bad but that the seniors were happy that we came and played for them.

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC

I can teach jazz mprovisation online with a webcam. let me know if you are interested.:play: