Your wish list for Bb trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Aug 11, 2006.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I know Leigh has placed quite a few orders for the military bands in Germany and in the states. Wait time is right around 4 months for the Eclipse.

Having owned 3 Monettes and almost everything else I'm 100% totally satisfied with my Eclipse trumpets. In fact I could survive with just one of them if need be, but I do love owning both!

Best,

T

2. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I'm quite happy with my horns and have no others on my wishlist. I've tested a lot of brands but I'm still glad I bought the best ones (for me). For me a horn has to be as allround as possible, that's why I have a Bach Mt.V ML37 and a Hub van Laar based on vintage Bach ML37s but with better slotting, intonation and faster valves.

But it's always fun to try the lighter Monettes, the new Eclipse trumpets, Blackburn, Lawler, etc. etc.

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.

I want to try a B flat Prana one Monette. I have the C and love it.

Trent,

I'm sure I'm taking this wrong but,
    It has always bugged me when you say things like the above comment.

I'm sure that the Monette trumpets were no good for you and didn't have the sound you were looking for and you get paid to endorse Eclipse but lighten up on Monette. Please!

4. quinonesd2000

quinonesd2000 New Friend

Jan 5, 2004
    San Juan, PR
    I'm an Army Bandsman with 22 years of service and never heard such thing as they will bring several Trumpets for you to pick. You either play what they have in the Supply Room shelf or play your own. I know because I'm the Supply person for my Band. I don't think the Army will do that with the Special Bands either( The US Army Band, The US Army Field Band, USMA Band, etc.)but I'm not sure because I'd never been assigned to one of them. But anyway here is my wishlist:

Edwards Gen II
    Galileo Jooleo
    Blackburn MD-19
    Monette LT
    Eclipse MR

If you get selected good luck in your military career. It is a beautiful way to serve the country.

SSG Daniel Quinones
    248th Army Band

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Where is the Monette bashing in this thread?:?:

He simply said that he is satisfied with his Eclipse.

-cw-

6. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Why mention Monette at all?

"Having owned 3 Monettes and almost everything else I'm 100% totally satisfied with my Eclipse trumpets. In fact I could survive with just one of them if need be, but I do love owning both!"

I don't think I used the word "Bashing"

7. ldwoods

ldwoods Piano User

Jan 20, 2006

My, my, aren't we a little touchy..... He probably listed the Monette name in reverence, letting us know he's played the full gamut. Like you admitted, you are taking his comment entirely wrong.

8. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nah I'm not Monette bashing at all. In fact all three Monette horns were WONDERFUL instruments. I'm just saying that my search for a dream horn ended with Eclipse. I thought the dream horn would have been a Monette (heck, they are the most expensive... that's not bashing either... that's the truth!) but the Eclipse horns I PAID for fit me just like a glove!

If your dream horn is a Monette, Eclipse, Blackburn, Calicchio, Bach, etc that's all that matters! find it, and then save like crazy to get it!

Best,

T

(edit) PS: I have NEVER BEEN PAID ONE CENT TO ENDORSE ECLIPSE TRUMPETS and have paid for my horns. I just had to set the record straight.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  9. bas

bas Pianissimo User

Jun 2, 2005
    Iowa City, IA/Corfu, GR
    My choice would be a custom Powell Trumpet made by Fred Powell. The one that I've played was lights out....from dark to sizzle..... and I am salivating to own one!

10. ldwoods

ldwoods Piano User

Jan 20, 2006
    Back on topic, even though none of us really understands what the poster generally prefers in horns.

A true "dream horn" would be one that was custom built for you.