Youtube Channel

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Matthew Cruice, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Matthew Cruice

Matthew Cruice New Friend

Sep 13, 2015
    Hi, I'm new here, and I have a youtube channel where I perform trumpet solos, duets, trios, etc. I would appreciate it if you checked it out and maybe offered some pointers on how I could improve. Here's one video from my channel where I played the "Jurassic Park" main theme as a 9 trumpet multitrack (bass parts were done by playing it up an octave and digitally putting it into the lower octave)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr8H1gbQH9s

JRgroove and rettepnoj like this.
  2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Nice work!

I'm impressed.

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The more I look, the more I enjoy that!

4. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
    Me, too! I do not impress easily either.
    Keep up the really good work!
    Rich T.

5. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks for sharing. Nice video.

Mike

6. jwmrks

jwmrks New Friend

Aug 14, 2015
    I hate it when you people post these things! I think I'm getting along pretty good with my own learning curve, then one of you, especially you youngsters, has to go and show off reminding me how crummy I really am. I'm having enough trouble knowing that even now I still have trouble with high C (which according to the internet I should have been able to play since high school many, many, many years ago :oops:) when you kids come along with your fancy playin and all that.

Maybe I need to go out and buy a new horn that will impress people based on my signature? :)-o I wonder if I just found the origin of my N+1 virus?)

(Seriously though, that was cool :thumbsup:)

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Buying a new horn is always a good substitute for practicing. :cool:

Mike

8. jwmrks

jwmrks New Friend

Aug 14, 2015

I forget the official formula. What is it again? Practice time = (current year - year of horn manufacture)*cost?:D

9. Matthew Cruice

Matthew Cruice New Friend

Sep 13, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! And I'm not as young as I look. I'm 24 and out of college, so I can already feel the pressure of not being a professional trumpeter at this point in time haha.

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I like this. You must have had a bit of spare time on your hands though. That is not put together in an hour.

As far as constructive criticism goes, it is tough because this is a very much edited clip. You have very ably put something worth listening to on the web. What struggles that you may have had, we can only guess.

I suspect some of the attacks were not optimal due to the multitrack playback. I only keep one ear covered with the headphone so that I have better connection to my own playing. I find that it is easier to breathe naturally instead of last minute which adds tension.