Zeus Fluegelhorn

Discussion in 'Horns' started by knf jazz cat, Apr 27, 2004.

1. knf jazz cat

knf jazz cat New Friend

Dec 16, 2003
    Does anybody know anything about the Zues Guarnerius Fluegelhorns? How do they sound? How's the manufacturing quality??

2. Zeusfan

Zeusfan New Friend

Mar 20, 2004
    I am a Zeus dealer, but I have not had the opportunity to play the Zeus G flugel yet. I have 2 G Bb's, ! Guarnerius C, and 2 Olympus's (one being the prototype). I have been very impressed with every horn that I have received from Zeus. I also took the horns to several local pros that I play with and they all had wonderful things to say about Zeus. So, I would be very suprised if the Z flugel was anything less then great. We are getting some new flugels in pretty much as we speak from the shop. Which flugel finish are you wanting to try?

3. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    A friend of mine is supposed to be getting one in the mail soon.....I'll be sure to snatch it from him, and I'll let ya'll know.

JGW

4. Cornet

Cornet New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Sydney, NSW Australia
    I'm not quite sure why this post is in this Forum! However here is the response I posted to a similar queston posted in the ZeuS Forum:

My ZeuS flugel is a polished copper bell model and it plays very nicely. Compared to the Kanstul Signature the sound is not quite as "dark", but the ZeuS is easier to play.

One important thing for me is that it is not a big culture shock to jump from my cornet right to the flugel. Some flugels take some getting used to after playing other instruments, but when I pick up the ZeuS flugel I don't have any problems adjusting right away.

This wasn't in the original posting, however as the question was asked, the finish and workmanship are outstanding (as with all the ZeuS instruments!). The Guarnerius Flugel (top of the line) comes in a Protec double trumpet/flugel case as well.

5. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Zeus stuff is supposed to be good...don't ask me I don't really know