ZeuS Olympus in ITG Journal

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, Jan 18, 2006.

1. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I was thumbing through my latest issue of the ITG Journal that came in the mail yesterday, sort of as a way to find the articles I'm really interested in reading for when I actually have time to sit down with it and read it, and I saw a brief spot on the ZueS Olympus and the waves it is making in I believe North Carolina. (I love it that I'm finally a member and I don't have to beg, borrow and steal back issues from buddies!)

For as many people who scoffed, and for all the naysayers, Alex must have done something right in the design of that trumpet for it to pop up in the ITG Journal.

Anyway, I was surprised to see it in there and I thought I would share that tidbit of information with the rest of you.

2. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    A great friend, Jay Meachum...is an artist and dealer in these horns. Yep, he also lives in NC. Great player and person. He sounds just great on these horns...I have also tried them. They really have great projection and very colorful overtones. Be warned...they are large upon large... bore, bell..all that. But very nice horns.