zeus poll

Discussion in 'Horns' started by musicalmason, Apr 3, 2004.

Are you pro or anti zeus

1. pro zeus!

100.0%
  2. anti zeus!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. undecided!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    ok, I'm not asking for comments or opinions or expirinces, but Ive been reading around on this forum and others and I'm curious to where the general population stands. you can answer this question based on your opinion of your horns or anything, but i ask please only vote once and dont reply to this with fighting words, Im merely curious.

2. DGrimaldi

DGrimaldi New Friend

Mar 9, 2004
    I am pro ZeuS. I played the horn and liked it so I ordered a Guarnerius Bb in laquered copper and like it better than I remembered. It sounds great, is easy to blow and looks great too. When I think about how little it cost compared to other horns I know I made the right decision. I have the rounded tuning slide and the Flugel on order and can't wait to get them. I have also played the Olympus and like its response but it was a little too big for me at this time. They are great horns.

3. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Why is this even a question?

You could ask the same question on every board about every horn ever made and get similar answers. You don't want fighting words, but hey, this is begging for it. Ask an opinion and opinions you usually will get.

A specific model wasn't even mentioned. Do you like Kanstul? Which Kanstul? would be my answer. Do you like Benge? Which Benge? Do you like Bach -- what the Strad, the 300 or a Mercedes?

Sorry to sound so blunt. My doctorate is in Educational Psychology, Research and Evaluation. Writing good questions to evaluate people and things is my biz (when I am not selling trumpets). This is a question designed to lead to a fight, IMO.

Do you like the idea of a big bell with a reverse leadpipe? -- that might be a more worthy question.

Can you honestly answer this question if you never played one? If so, you might as well ask do you like Mr. Zachary's marketing techniques.

Well, I have said enough. Vote if you want. Remember my motto about election year polls: "Lie to your political pollster." They shouldn't know how we are going to vote before the election anyway!

M&C

4. Zeusfan

Zeusfan New Friend

Mar 20, 2004
    zeusfan

I'm a Zeus dealer. I figured I would put that on the table first thing.

Alex truly hit the nail on the head at www.zacharymusic.com when he said people will either love or hate these horns. The only thing you would be hating about the Zeus horn situation is that you paid for a much more expensive instrument that gets whipped by the Zeus playability and craftsmenship. People are selling there "infamous" Monette's to buy the Zeus horns. Did I say Monette? I meant "trumpet made with Getzen parts" for a couple thousand more.

The entire trumpet world is in a tizzy about Zeus horns. You don't have to take a poll to find that out. Just play one. Other trumpet makers are very scared about the success that Zeus is having. I don't see a waiting list for Bach horns, or any other trumpet in the Zeus price range. I am a dealer and can't even keep my hands on the same horn because so many people want these horns. That is a fact, not an opinion! Alex's shipment of new Olympus horns is already 50% sold and there 2 weeks away. Everyone one that has touched my Guarnerius wants to buy it.

You take your polls, but I don't see any other horn poll on here. The only negative votes about Zeus come from players who are employed by other manufacturers and any undecided votes come from players who haven't played Zeus yet. These are great horns, their affordable horns, and these horns cause contoversy because people are intimated by them. Let the post war begin.............

5. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    alright fine, I honestly did not want a big discussion, I just wanted a poll. but oh well. moderators, please delete this thread. thank you.

6. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    The only one that sees a flame where there is not a fire is the one holding the match.

As far as how I voted, I didn't (simply because I wanted to post first). If I were going to buy a Zeus cold turkey through the mail, I wouldn't, based on the posts of many pro-Zeus people on both TH and here on TM. I know a Zeus dealer and I know that his online persona isn't representative of how he is in real life. I'm not in the market for a new horn, but I hope to get a chance to try one in the near future because I know this dealer is a decent person. No, I don't have a doctorate, I don't have an undergrad degree, I'm not even the principal player in Wind Ensemble, but I know how to evaluate a horn.

I've got a lot more to say about this but I'm not going to, in the interest of trying to keep this thread civil.

7. Zeusfan

Zeusfan New Friend

Mar 20, 2004
    zeusfan

However, I am the principal player in your wind ensemble. Dude, you busted me! These guys have to think that I am really arrogant, it makes posting much more fun. Who are you? If you don't want to say on here, you can email at [email protected]. I'll have some Zeus horns at Moody on Monday as well if you want to try some.

Zach

8. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    Caught ya! I played the second flugel part on the Barnes at the last concert. That should let you know who I am.

Wishing I had a Zeus flugel (or anything other than that Yamaha) on the last concert,
    Matt

9. Zeusfan

Zeusfan New Friend

Mar 20, 2004
    zeusfan

Tricky, Tricky! By the way to everyone reading this and owning a Yammie, these are student line flugels we are talking about. They are horrible. For the record, I think professional Yamahas are very good horns.

I talk to you Monday Matt!

Zach

10. Ash

Ash Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2004
    I don't buy from Nestle, Wal Mart, Nike, Levis and many other companies because of the way they do business. Why should Zeus be any different? I'm willing to pay a premium for a horn that hasn't been marketed with flames. Even more so, I like the way my horn plays. Even if Monette is expensive, a Zeus won't offer the same sound as it. That whole post was kind of stupid, in retrospect. If I only wanted a horn that was cheap but played good, I'd buy an ambassador for 900 dollars less. Why should I buy a Zeus?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.