Zeus trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dustin, Jun 19, 2006.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    When the whole Zeus thing was going down a couple of years ago I always read how the horn was modeled after someones Mt Vernon. If that is the case why does it look nothing like a Mt Vernon :dontknow:

2. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    The ZTR 900 is a Kanstul interpretation of the tall wrap (post 50's) Bach Strad.
    The bell flare, the leadpipe taper, and the bore are the same, but the rest is different.

It is in no way an exact copy of ANY Bach trumpet.

3. Dustin

Dustin Pianissimo User

Jun 19, 2006
    West Virginia
    Beats me...

4. regularsopguy

regularsopguy New Friend

Feb 16, 2004
    Does it have to look like one to play like one?

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I play Zeus instruments. I have the flugel, both Bb's, cornet, C, and picc. If you have any serious questions without trying to start anything, I'd love to talk to you about them. They work great for me. But there are different strokes for different folxs. Take care.

6. Spleeyah!

Spleeyah! Pianissimo User

Apr 6, 2005
    Agreed! I play on Strads myself, but I've played Bear's Zeus horns, and they're pretty dang sweet. (I'm a huge fan of the flugel in particular). The Bb and C's played really REALLY well too. I would recommend the Zeus horns to anyone. I'm considering gettin one myself!

7. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Brad!! What's up my friend?! Haven't heard from you in a while? How's life out in the plains? I have a lot of news to share with you but I'll give you a call or see you on IM or something. Peace man...

Oh yeah, the whole intent of this message: Brad, you suck up! HAHAHA.

8. Spleeyah!

Spleeyah! Pianissimo User

Apr 6, 2005
    You're the reason I cry myself to sleep at night, Tim :shock: